Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Indiana Badlands

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2002, 01:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<< I do not have much experiance with paddle tires so I can't argue but the place is pretty sandy so why wouldn't you ride with paddles? >>

There really isn't much sand there, it's more like loose dirt. Anyway, riding over the hard rocky stuff to get to the loose stuff would be pretty hard on the paddles.

Old 02-22-2002, 02:33 PM
Pro Rider

<< There really isn't much sand there, it's more like loose dirt >>

There's tons of sand there. It is an abandoned sand querry. Granted the stuff isn't powder but it is loose. There is only an asphalt road that splits the two big pits, it shouldn't be that hard on the tires. Anyway, next time I go I bringing some paddles along with my dirt tires. I didn't care much for sand blasting my legs and lack of power the last times I went.

Old 02-22-2002, 02:56 PM
Trailblazer

are there any hardpack trails there that u wouldnt need paddles for?

Old 02-23-2002, 10:51 AM
Pro Rider

<< are there any hardpack trails there that u wouldnt need paddles for? >>

Don't worry about it! 99% of the people there run stock/knobby tires.

Old 02-23-2002, 12:42 PM
Pro Rider

LEAVE THE PADDLES AT HOME!!!! if the place was all sand i would say bring them
but it a wide variety of terrain. you will be able to get around on all the sand due to its all packed down.. plus its a very rock area it was a rock querry. youll just end up chewing up your paddles. yeah its worth the 5 hr drive

01blu660r
with all the goodies

Old 02-24-2002, 01:51 AM
Trailblazer

I agree with vmax in leaving the paddles at home. The sand is more corse than beach sand it is actually pea gravel. Some of the areaa are a larger size stone and would eat up your paddles. As long as you are with and adult (someone over 18)there is no problem. My kids love it up there, they don't even mind the 3 hour drive.

Hope to see you there this summer.

Old 02-24-2002, 02:29 AM
Range Rover

It's a 1.5 hr. drive for me and yes it is WELL WORTH the $15 fee for riding. You won't need paddles. Very well supplied parts store and repair. Nice folks runnin the place too. Mud,sand,streams,rock and hills from easy to Killers. I would plan on staying at one of the local motels and ride the next day if it's a 5 hr. drive for ya. You get a discount on price with 2 day pass also. I usually go about 7-10 times a year.

Old 02-24-2002, 06:18 PM
Trailblazer

I would leave the paddles at home. The tires you have on your quad will work just fine. As for age. You have to be 18 years of age to ride by yourself. If not, you have to be with your parent. If you’re not with your parent, you HAVE TO HAVE the notarized form from the Badlands. If you go to their website, it might be on there. Or call and ask Lisa to email or fax it to you. If you don't have that form and your with someone besides your parent, you WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO RIDE.
Another tip. FOLLOW THE RULES!!! There is nothing worse than driving 1-5 hours and getting thrown out. For example, the rule is 5 MPH in the parking lot, also, no wheelies, no donuts, and ALWAYS HELMETS!!! If you get caught, they don't ask you stop, they tell you to go home.
Last summer we saw some kids from Ohio, they got all dressed up, got their quads off the trailer, did a few donuts, got caught and got kicked out!!! ALSO NO ALCOHOL, they check your vechile when you enter the gate. If they find it, they take it from you. So don't waste your money. Also, there is no riding double anymore, so if that was your plan, get another quad.
Also, you have to have a flag. They sell them there for $9.00. TIP if you break your flag, take it to the shop and you can buy a repaired one for $2.00.
As far as the park, there is anything for any age. From trails to sick jumps!!!
Finally, Have fun and be careful!!!!
Hope this helps.