Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

ATV Laws in Michigan...

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2002, 12:04 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As Mac said, heare in Dickinson and Menominee county you can ride the shoulder of ANY county road. However, we not to make a habit of it. There are times we may need to ride this way for two or three miles to get to another trail. I was stopped by the Michigan State police last September. He told me that that regulation is to and from trails. What else would it be? However, I looked up the county regulation and there was no such stipulation. Here in Dickinson, we have two state trails. One is shut down. The beavers created a four foot barrier filled with four feet of water. It is a rough trail but a fun one. The other is mostly railroad grade, logging roads and some rustic trails. All fun.
Mac, I am still looking. I have been hearing some nice things on the Griz and also good things about the artic cat. maybe by the end of march. looking forward to riding up near Newberry. I plan on having a ride down here in March. Will have to watch the weather. Looking for a nice warm day to go and oplay.
jigginjack
Chater member
The Ho Train

Old 03-01-2002, 11:28 AM
Trailblazer

Hey Jack! I see your Email is backup to recieving[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] There'e a "RED" Grizz here at Zambon's Haha [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I'am waiting for some folding alum ramps to come in.
Let me know ahead of time if you ride on Sat in March. So I can take off from work. Also, For the Scud Run, I'am off on Sat's starting 13 April,so if the 6th of April is the Run I will have to put in to take off!!

Mac

Old 03-01-2002, 04:07 PM
Pro Rider

Jack,what trail is closed now...

Bill, I must warn you. I had SP500 for 3 years and never had any problem with it at all. Now, I have Grizz 660 and I had a second accident with it just this year./spent several hours on ER in Dickinson county memorial hospital in Iron mountain 2 weeks ago/.
So,I am not sure, if the Grizz is the best quad around........???lol

Joe

Old 03-01-2002, 05:53 PM
Trailblazer

Joe, The trail that is closed is just north of norway on the Norway truck trail. This trail will take you toG69 (Foster City Road) or you may hit the Cassidy Creek orv trail. It ends, or begins off of the Black creek road. It is probably passible now because everything is frozen. If you ride up here often, get in touch with me to go riding!
jigginjack

Old 03-01-2002, 08:17 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Jacks's back! Hey buddy I've got quad fever again. It looks like a 700 twin is the only cure. But I
am going to wait till the green ones come out. I hear they are a little faster [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img].

When is the SCRUB run?

Later Bro

"HO Train" Simply the #$%&ing best group of riders this side of Mike Penland.

Old 03-01-2002, 10:06 PM
Pro Rider

Jack,
I love Norway trail,I have a camp on G69,12 miles north of US2. Actually, I was riding Norway trail /part of it from the power line crossing old truck road, to the Lyons lake./ 2 weeks ago,testing my new Mudrunners... DNR fixed the trail last summer,no more beaver damms,new bridges,no more challenge.I rode the entire trail several times over the past 3 years.I am in UP almost every weekend over the summer.I'll see you there.
Joe

Old 03-01-2002, 10:44 PM
Trailblazer

Joe: Sounds good. I know the area very well. I ride all over in this area and I am familiar with the power line. We usually take the Bougouis farm road (about four miles north on G69) over to La Branch, have a burger and a beer, two fries and then head back on the railroad graid to Felch. We then head south from felch on the Calumet Mine road until we hit the Meriman truck trail which will bring you past Lyons lake. Take the Norway truck trail to the Cassidy truck trail and then to the orv trail and back to camp. Sometimes I will Go to hardwood and take the Mead road north and come out in Northland. Stop at the Knotty Pine for a burger and a beer and two fries and head back. Good time. We will be riding sometime in March depending on how much snow we are suppose to get tonight and Saturday. We also have a "scrub run" every April. This starts at four corners Bar in Nadeau and goes to the Long Branch Bar in Faithorn and then back again. Last year we had 130 quads. Everyone had a great time and everyone got VERY muddy. It is about 50% private land and the rest is either champion, Mead or state property. A very good time. Its about 70 miles round trip.Watch the forum for a thread from me for time and date.
You must be close to Cazzolas farm road? Let me know when you come up.
E-mail obrion@norwaymi.com
Odin: I think I am going for the silver one. 72mph is fast enough for me buddy. Havent heard the date yet for the scrub run. I will see Mark and Bruce this weekend. Will let you know boys. I would like to start in Faithorn this year. What do you think?
jigginjack
Charter member of The Ho Train Iron Range Riders
Future owner of The BIG Twin

Old 03-02-2002, 07:47 AM
Weekend Warrior

Colt,
I never said the new 660 Grizz is the''best''quad?The best quad is in the hands of the what the buyer thinks he/she wants,one that will make their purchase a happy one.

Also,
You mentioned you had a second accident with your new Grizz?I was wondering what happened to make the accident the Grizz's fault?

Bill

Old 03-02-2002, 10:05 AM
Trailblazer

Jack, Starting the Scud Run at Faithorn sounds good to me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] What do you think about the Poker Run in June?? I made reservations at the Sno Shu Inn and I just recieved the flyer from Rich who is sponsering the Run for two days. 7th and 8th of June. Hope to see you in March for a ride.

Bill I couldn't agree with you more[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I maybe the only yamaha riding with the HO Polaris gang, But Iam having just as much fun as they are[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Main thing is to be able to ride Right? Especially with folks that have the same interest[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Mac

Old 03-02-2002, 11:49 AM
Trailblazer

Mac,
Let me know when that scrub run is, I will make it. I'm still pretty sure about hurlbut, but My wife just informed me that I have my last Graduation to go to on the 9th.

Quick Reply: ATV Laws in Michigan...