Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

anybody ride at the Kermit TX dunes?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 11:14 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anybody ride at the Kermit TX dunes?

I was wondering about kermit dunes.. has anyone been to little sahara (waynoka) if so how does it compare to there.. we usually go to waynoka about every weekend wanting to try something new but not if it sucks

Old 01-16-2006, 09:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

Kermit has smaller dunes, but has more areas to ride. Remember, the place has changed. You will now have to pay to ride. There are no trespassing signs out, and the new owners intend on inforcing the "pay to ride" requirments. We were there fours days ago, and they were preparing to constuct the fence to seperate the pay area from the free County Park.

Seven dollars a day to ride, but a great bargin to keep the place open.

Old 01-16-2006, 09:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

One more thing. You must have a flag on quads, and wear a helmet.

Old 01-16-2006, 09:52 PM
Trailblazer

What do you mean by smalled but more areas to ride? is it stictly sand and not going to tear up paddle tires? Is there ever anyone there or is it pretty empty?

Old 01-16-2006, 10:22 PM
Pro Rider

most people use paddle tires out there

who knows what it will be like now...it usually got very busy on weekends...especially long ones...this 3 day weekend however, there were 3 campers!

Old 01-17-2006, 12:54 PM
Trailblazer

Can anyone confirm soemthing for me? I know the parking / camping area were city property, and are being put up for bid. Can you still park there, the enter the paid area, or is the camping area closed off until it is sold? I would also like to say THANK YOU to the new owners. I am glad there will be a decent set of rules enforced and I look forward to riding there for years to come!

Old 01-17-2006, 01:02 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: jfisher304
Can anyone confirm soemthing for me? I know the parking / camping area were city property, and are being put up for bid. Can you still park there, the enter the paid area, or is the camping area closed off until it is sold?
It is still open for parking and, as of this morning on the news, the county has decided to postpone the sell of the park for legal reasons. Whatever that means.

Old 01-17-2006, 01:10 PM
Pro Rider

Apparently there is some sort of problem with the county selling that property to a private corp for public use. Legal issues don't ya know..haha

Old 01-17-2006, 08:46 PM
Trailblazer

How much of the dunes will be included in the "OHV Park"? Will you still be able to ride the old perimeter trail? What about the area on the West side of the road? Is it getting fenced off? As long as it doesn't get choked down too much I think it is a move in the right direction. The past few times I went it was mostly drunk idiots on banshees with there little kid riding on the tank...no helmets etc. If this will weed out most of the bad apples and help keep the dunes clean and open I am all for it! One thing I would like to see is a designated area for the drag race guys. Maybe smoothed out once and a while etc.

Old 01-25-2006, 07:06 PM
Range Rover

jfisher304

we are relocating dfw area this summer, whats the riding like there??[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

how long does it take to get to kermit??

is that the only dunes around??

love the dunes,going to miss glamis[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: anybody ride at the Kermit TX dunes?