Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Any Oregon riders?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2000, 12:27 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was just wondering if anyone rides in Oregon and if so, where?

Old 02-24-2000, 03:54 AM
Range Rover

YES!! I am from Eagle Point, near Medford and I ride some in the hills around the Rogue Valley, but mostly at the Sand Dunes, Coos Bay and Winchester Bay.

Old 02-24-2000, 12:06 PM
Pro Rider

Yep
In fact just went riding last wknd in your neck of the woods ... Shotgun Creek.. did some trail riding and some unbelievable mudbogging (if youve been there You know what I mean Anyways send me a E-mail and maybe we could got a ride set up, I have about 3-4 other people I normally ride with, and we always have a blast

Some of the other places I ride at is Snow peak, and around my house (have a huge mud pit thats about rack deep )

Old 02-24-2000, 12:58 PM
Pro Rider

Oregon City here! Usually ride the Tillamook state forest, Jones Creek WA, and Sand Lake.

Old 02-24-2000, 08:35 PM
Pro Rider

Are there any good rental places out there in Oregon. ATV Sport magazine did a write-up on the Oregon Dunes and the writer rented a Polaris Trailblazer. I don't want to fly out there and have to rent a Polaris. Does anyone rent dune-worthy quads (no offense to Polaris . . . the Trailblazer is not dune worthy IMO)?

Old 02-26-2000, 02:00 AM
Weekend Warrior

I know what you mean. I checked out several places up and down the coast and they all rent Polaris. I don't know why.

Old 02-28-2000, 01:29 AM
Trailblazer

Well with my nickname, I sould probably resond. I run a 250r mostly at sandlake. I've been to Wincester Bay once. One of my riding buddies elk hunted up by the Tillamook area. He thought it looked cool to try some time. I've driven into Christmas Valley dunes with my pickup to check them out but haven't rode them yet. I went to Big lake last June (near Hoodoo) It's got lots of trails and 5 or so lakes but when it's dry, it's very dusty. There are some trails in Milican (east of Bend twords burns but I guess they're mainly motorcycle trails. I'm supposed to go to Florance, March 17-19, hopefully. I need to get my top-end freshened up before that I think it's had it, being an 87 and never been opened up. I love trail riding but it's hard to get my buddies to go.

Old 02-28-2000, 11:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

Oregonrider,

Have you ridden the East Fort Rock trail system. I've ridden it a lot on a motorcycle, but not on a quad. I'm going to ride it on my Prarie this year. I have a cabin in Lapine, so when i"m there, I'm close to three or four pretty good trail systems. There is a lot of good riding to be had in eastern and central Oregon.

Old 02-29-2000, 03:11 AM
Trailblazer

Havetohunt,
A few months ago, some one wrote me in this forum to look at web pages about the East Fort Rock area. I can't remember what they were called but I printed several pages at the time to check them out. You see those little play areas there, off the edge of hwy 31. Are those stageing areas right off the hwy, if so, I driven by them a million times. Last Oct. I visited some friends while hunting. They were in the East Paulina Unit I think, by main road 25 and there were well established motorcycle trails, with signs and everything. Do you know that area, what it's called or is that the area you were talking about.

Old 03-01-2000, 12:45 AM
Weekend Warrior

Oregonrider,

You were probably at the East Fort Rock trail. Road 25 takes you to one of the trail heads. It also takes you by quite a bit of the trails.

Quick Reply: Any Oregon riders?