Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

michigan

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2000, 08:06 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JohnR, as long as you have 9 days in Michigan there are quite a few areas not far from Silver Lake that I would recommend. Baldwin is one great area. Trails, powerlines, gravel pits, you name your pleasure. A lot to choose. Also if you like MX there is a 2mile track in Newaygo. Check thier web site at bigair.com. $15 for the days riding. A lot of fun also.If you want more detailed driving directions e-mail me.

Old 03-02-2000, 05:37 PM
Pro Rider

flipper,
We will be going back up to the UP in July. Not sure if we'll be going back to Hurley. I guess it depends on how we like it there. I must admit, I've seen alot of positive things posted about N. Wisconsin. I can't hardly contain myself waiting on the Jamboree.
We're going up to our property in Luther this weekend. Hey, I know you don't care to much for the LP trails, but I could show you a few good ones that aren't on the map. We go up just about every weekend during the summer, so if you want to ride, let me know.
Brian

Old 03-02-2000, 09:44 PM
Mac
Range Rover

Dusty, on may 6th I and a coworker are going to check out a DNR trail near Baraga, Mi in the UP. I 'll wet you know how it is and see what is near Lake Gogebic area. Mac

Old 03-07-2000, 02:01 PM
Trailblazer

I live in Williamsburg..about 10 min from Traverse City..This place rocks..Tons of huge hills...sand you name it mud..the whole 9 yards..Powerlines have to be my favorite..huge sand hills..Very Fun!

Old 03-08-2000, 02:05 AM
Pro Rider

Hi, Yep! We have a group of six that ride diffrent places when ever we can all get together.We've already done several county's in lower Michigan. We plan to do four more in lower and three in the upper this year. Some of the guys wives are threatening to put 'em out before the season ever gets here. If you live in Southeastern Michigan like I do, you don't have a lot of places to ride. You have to travel. Plan a day, weekend,or, if you can get away with it,a week. Get hold of the DNR in Atlanta, Mi. telephone number 517.785.4251, ask for trail maps for ATVing, they will mail you any trails you request. If you don't know which to get, just tell them you'd like a list of trails in Michigan for ATVs.Then, talk your brother, best friend, and maybe your wife if you have one, into buying quads 'cause you're gettin' ready to enjoy yourself.You want somebody to see how much fun you can have. Just do it!!!
Good luck
Chuck

Old 03-08-2000, 02:16 AM
Pro Rider

Gladwin, is one bump after another. Espesially on the south end where all you do is ride up and down, can never go fast and most of the trail is cut 50 inches. At least, the DNR could have left the terrain flater for safety. The north end is OK. But if you like Gladwin, then you should try the Little "O" located in Baldwin Mi. Don't be a wimp... The trail is 45 miles long. Be prepared..
Chuck

Old 03-12-2000, 11:18 PM
Range Rover

Thanks Mad Mike, I'll check that site out.

Old 03-13-2000, 11:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

Has any of you michiganders tried riding at BLACK MOUNTAIN ? It is old ski hills turned into an atv riding area with miles of surounding trails. It is located on NE side of Black lake with plenty of camping except holiday weekends

If you would like some more info contact me @ kim-jim@webtv.net

JIM

Old 04-24-2000, 08:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

G_A_Y_L_O_R_D area - ATV trails and Routes

Old 04-25-2000, 06:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

I think the trail near Greenalndis called T.R.A.I.L. U.P. Supposedly, it will beo over 1000 miles long when completed. It'll also go into pars of Wisconsin. And, it was supposed to open in August of 98.

Quick Reply: michigan