Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

michigan

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2000, 10:46 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

does anyone ride in michigan if so where?? thanks

Old 02-27-2000, 01:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

give me a e-mail and ill tell ya somes good places all over the state

Old 02-27-2000, 05:23 PM
Trailblazer

gladwin trails are OK
let me know where else to ride

Old 02-27-2000, 07:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

I live in west mi. I am new to the area but ride in the newaygo and baldwin areas. Both are exellent places to let my Banshee howl! Also silver lake sand dunes is close to me but I have never ridden there. Anyone out there from Holland MI know of some other places , let me know.

Old 02-28-2000, 07:59 AM
Weekend Warrior

Check with the Mi DNR they have maps avaiable. I Ride near Indian River! It's ok up there. Basicly, where you can ride legally kind of sucks anyway...

Old 02-28-2000, 11:19 AM
Mac
Range Rover

Hi, I ride the forest island dnr trail near home about 20 minutes. I plan on riding up near Baraga and copper harbor this summer. Otherwise i ride on national forest and paper land and snowmobile rails thru these areas. Snow is a melting and any weekend should be goood mudding!!

Mac from the U.P.

Old 02-28-2000, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider

We have property up near Cadillac so we ride alot around there.
The Little Manistee Trail near Luther, in Carrieville is one we do occasionally. It's mostly old logging roads. If you go in the spring or fall they groom it. Otherwise it's nothing but whoops, and it'll wear you out pretty quick. It's a long system and we haven't done it all, so there may be better sections.
Lincoln Hills trail is accessible from the Manistee, and its a much better trail. It would be fun on a sport quad. High speed sweeping hills, and it takes you right down to the Pine river.
Tin Cup Springs is a mile or so south of Carrieville, and I like it the best. It's only about a 25 mile trail, but there are alot of interesting detours. There are some gravel hills, with tight trails through woods, that are Make it or Break it.
It's pretty much all National or State forest around there, and there are lots of 'Jolly Roger' trails.
We plan on checking out more trails this summer. I've heard the Kalkaska trail is a good one.
MadMike, nice name
Have you tryed the Cedar Creek trail in Muskegon. Someone told me it's pretty good.
I have the link to the DNR orv site. You can download all the trail maps for Michigan. I tryed to paste it into this, but I lost the whole damn message. Had to retype it. So if anyone wants it E-mail me and I'll send it to ya.
Brian

Old 02-28-2000, 09:40 PM
Trailblazer

Hey I've been on the Ceder Creek trail and its more whooped out than up by Baldwin. I'll never go back there also it it extremely tight. you will definitly take some bark off the trees.
Say Dusty did you say you were going to go up to Hurley later this summer other than the atv rally, if you are let me know and maybe we can hook up
Steve
98 Grizzly

Old 02-29-2000, 01:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

I am going to Greenland in the UP this spring. There is a trail that starts there (can't remember the name)and I am looking for a place that 8 or so people can stay. Know of any resorts, ect on the trail?

Old 02-29-2000, 08:46 PM
Range Rover

A bunch of us drove from New York (near Manhattan) to Silver Lake last summer with our threewheelers and we had an awesome time. We are going back this June for 9 days. Are there any other good places to ride near there since we have buy the stickers anyway we may as well explore a little.

Quick Reply: michigan