Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

riding in Mahwah, N.J.

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2002, 01:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was there maybe a month ago last....it was fun.....though we saw one cop, we rode past him and he didn't do anything....I never park off of rt. 17, i park at a friends house and ride in from his backyard.....last time i was there there were alot of people riding...i like the hills that are there the best.....

Old 06-14-2002, 01:24 PM
Trailblazer

Hey aproy,
Where are the spots to ride near belmar?

Old 06-15-2002, 11:38 AM
Range Rover

where does everyone park.i used to park on the ny side,but i dont know if it cool.near the workers parking lot.any help
thanks

Old 06-15-2002, 11:00 PM
Trailblazer

<< Hey aproy,
Where are the spots to ride near belmar?
>>

i really couldnt tell you, im not too familiar with that area, i did see them with my eyes though, just couldnt tell you how to get there. ill try to find out and post it here.

Old 06-17-2002, 03:35 PM
Pro Rider

for anyone that wants to know, the cops wont bother you in mahwah as long as u stay out of the river and dont ride on sharps property. also if they decide to ask u for registration and insurance and u dont have it, they will ticket u. dont run from them, cause they will catch u and take your bike. believe me, i've seen it happen. other than that its very cool there. u can park along the highway in the open field. the trails go on 4-ever once u find them.

Old 06-17-2002, 04:31 PM
Pro Rider

hey jwkawi, when i was there i felt like i was going around in one huge circle....what makes this place as big as everyone says....its like on the other side of the river its pretty small....there are a couple of trails but they leed nowhere???....then when your on the sharp side you can go pretty far behind on the sheridan on that long whoop section then you go off that main gravel trail and into the mud pits....from the main mud pits you can go under the over passes and what have you but is that it???....everyone talks like it goes on for miles did i miss something....

Old 06-17-2002, 04:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

What's the fine if a NY-ATV'er has a Registration but no Insurance?

Old 06-17-2002, 07:40 PM
Trailblazer

thats the question i want answered too. most of my riding will be in northern maine, you need registration but not insurance. thats where i will be registered, will i have problems riding in NJ?

Old 06-18-2002, 01:43 PM
Trailblazer

Hey discharge,
Mahwah is pretty small and you do go around in circles. There is a trail there that leads to stagg hill. Stagg hill can supposably bring you all the way to Tennessee.If you don't have 4 wheel drive forget about, tons and tons of rocks.

Old 06-18-2002, 04:21 PM
Pro Rider

i've been up on stag hill with my pick up...i got pretty far then turned around cause i saw a bunch of jackson whites....i was like ahhhhhhhh screw this...then i high tailed it out of there

Quick Reply: riding in Mahwah, N.J.