Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

OREGON RIDERS

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2002, 07:06 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whipup... ya... Its ok, but gets old after a while... Where is this place between ptld rd and the parkway?

Old 04-20-2002, 07:19 PM
Trailblazer

It's on Hyacinth, behind a auto repair and woodworking place.
Across from Hyacinth Collision Centere. There are a few dirt trails a burn and some jumps.
It has a real long gravel road that you can hit 5th gear on and at the end of that road is like 3 or 4 gravel hills that you can climb and jump off the top of...

A couple of my friends know the guy that owns the woodworking shop and he let's us ride there.

It's not the best, but it's close..... Like 5 to 10 min from my house.

Old 04-20-2002, 08:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

So I take it it's not a "public" riding area... why don't ya email me... when can continue this discussion outside without tying up the forums...

imac12@attbi.com

Old 04-23-2002, 11:18 PM
Range Rover

Finally some good weather for a few days... Sand Lake here I come with my Cannondale, wish my new Sand Tires (kenda geckos) would hurry up and get here. They are due anyday now..

Old 04-24-2002, 02:19 AM
Pro Rider

Hey there DirtHawg (Steve)... Did you ever decide whether or not to mess with your rev limiter?? I think as your motor gets broke in a little bit more, you'll notice an increase in power. I sure did on my 400EX. The paddles should help out alot too...as far as getting the power to the ground. I'm heading back to Sand Lake on either Friday May 3rd, or Saturday May 4th...maybe both. I'm still learning about the whole dune riding thing myself, but getting more confident with every ride. I just want to make sure I'm confident of what my bike is capable of before I commit myself to a long/steep hillclimb. I put off ordering those dune trakkers...for now. (got a bunch of bills this month) I'll be ready to show you the trails in Tillamook State Forest or Jones Creek here pretty soon. I just want them to dry up a little bit first. Talk at ya later.

Old 04-24-2002, 03:21 AM
Range Rover

Hey Chad my Man.

I am actually going SanD Lake Weds or Thurs. If I get off work early enough. If not going up Estacada, then Friday without a doubt.

I hope to have those sand tires, soon. Called Ohio today and they were shipped the 19th. So I let ya know.

Later

Old 04-24-2002, 05:14 PM
Pro Rider

man, you guys are making me cry[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I need to get to the dunes some time, show you how to pull 5th gear on the Dale, hehe just kidding! If you are ever near Bend, let me know. Has anyone been to Millican?

Old 04-24-2002, 08:19 PM
Pro Rider

Hey, don't forget me!!!
I'm an Oregon dune rider. STRICTLY dunes!

If you guys want to hook up during the summer, keep in touch. I know Winchester Bay like the back of my hand!

Make sure you have your quads "suped up" for the trip, cause there are some extremely steep, tall dunes there![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 04-24-2002, 08:30 PM
Pro Rider

My 400EX should be up to the challenge, but just in case, I'll throw in the 14 tooth front sprocket before hitting those steep hills. I can climb anything Sand Lake has to offer in 3rd gear right now, so I figure a little lower gearing will give me the extra grunt needed to climb the big boys. Can't wait to see those dunes down there. I'm sure they'll intimidate me a bit at first, but I'll be up to speed in no time.

Old 04-24-2002, 09:09 PM
Pro Rider

CHAD ARE YOU EVER GONNA PLAN A TRIP FOR WINCHESTER OR COOS BAY FOR THE WEEKEND?

Quick Reply: OREGON RIDERS