Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

OREGON RIDERS

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2002, 11:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since I have no ride, I'm gonna have to see if my neighbor will take me sometime. He's got a KTM520SX. That is one bad a$$ bike too, I had the fastest bike on the block until he showed up with that thing! BTW, if anyones ridden a trike with paddles, is it any more tippy, or hook up "to much". I'm afraid when I go that I'll be thrown off my trike alot with paddles.

Old 04-25-2002, 02:13 AM
Range Rover

Hey 2Fun I would like to talk to ya, and maybe hook up for a tour sometime before the DuneFest in August. I plan to spend three days there but have no idea where to stay, what to do, where to ride, where the races are held, and several other issues..

Old 04-25-2002, 02:16 AM
Range Rover

Rode some great roads today out of Estacada. Man the weather was nice, trails were a little dry in some places, lot's of dust.
Had a great time. Got off too late for dunes today. Looks like Friday for the SandLake trip now.

Chad what are you up to Friday? I hope to have my Geckos by then.
I also have a loaner pair of SandSkate II paddles to try on for size.

Old 04-25-2002, 12:20 PM
Pro Rider

Steve, I'm stuck at work this Friday (tomorrow), but I'll put in for next Friday off. I'm working on building a test-frame to evaluate some new carbon fiber reinforced steel beams. We're figuring about 100,000 lbs to fail them. It's to help out Multnomah County with their idea for a fix for the Sauvie Island bridge. So...when those guys want me to work, I don't have much of a choice. What's your schedule like on Saturdays?

RSO660R, I do plan on making a trip down to the Winchestor or Coos Bay really soon. I just need a couple of other people to go with. Ideally....some people that have ridden there before, because I don't know my way around. That, and I don't want to go down there and camp alone. Do you have to reserve a camp site, or can you just take a tent out in the sand somewhere?? I'd like any info you could offer me about those two places. My email is chadhamel@earthlink.net

Old 04-25-2002, 03:16 PM
Pro Rider

<< Hey 2Fun I would like to talk to ya, and maybe hook up for a tour sometime before the DuneFest in August. I plan to spend three days there but have no idea where to stay, what to do, where to ride, where the races are held, and several other issues.. >>

No problem DirtHawg![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

We'll have to set up a trip in late June, or mid July.
I don't get out of school till mid June, and I am going to St Anthony ID immediately after.

Maybe we can get a group trip together at that time, and if you guys haven't completely learned your way around there by that time, I will be more than happy to show you all of the &quot;good spots&quot;, and challenging routes if thats the kind of riding you like to do.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-25-2002, 09:32 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Chad, Have someone take a picture of you when you first see the hills down south. I want to frame it!!!!

What would be even better would be Steve's face.LOL I miss all the fun lately!!

I have to get my priorities in order. Does anybody know how to adjust that. I checked the manual and couldn't get the pictures.

Old 04-25-2002, 11:00 PM
Pro Rider

Bill, what's your work schedule like?? I'm heading to Sand Lake on the 4th of May (next Saturday). If you're not working, you should come along. That's your first step in getting your &quot;fun&quot; priorities back in order. I went in and ordered a 14 tooth sprocket today at the local shop. I should be able to climb all of the hills in 3rd gear with that set-up. I'll lose 4 mph tope end, but I'd rather beat some &quot;faster bikes&quot; up the bowls, than in a flat out drag race. One of the &quot;wife's&quot; friends just hooked up with a guy that rides quads too, so hopefully we'll be able to add a couple more people to the riding group. It would be cool to get about a dozen people that wanted to go riding. Anyway...I'll catch ya later. I'm going to post an email to the group about the 4th....see if I get any bites.

Old 04-26-2002, 07:12 AM
Trailblazer

Man...Or. has great Dunes...was there in 86..at Coos Bay...now in maine...a lot of dirt roads........ride safeTextText

Old 04-26-2002, 10:52 AM
Trailblazer

Chad, would love to go but that is the opener for circle track racing and I help sponsor a car. Told him that I and the wife would make the first race,LOL. They have a poker run over in Bend that I showed Steve and I wanted to go but will miss that one too.

I never work on a Saturday because that is my day!!! So can go most Saturdays. Am able to get days off in middle of week too when not too busy.

Have fun!!

What does the Honda come with?? My son's warrior came with a 14 tooth and we changed to a 13, my C-dale came with a 13 tooth.

Sounds great and I know you will love the extra pull when you drop the tooth.
What is the rear sprocket. Mine is 13/42.

Old 04-26-2002, 10:53 AM
Trailblazer

atvguy, yuh but you got great lobsters!!!

Quick Reply: OREGON RIDERS