Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Madera, PA - Poker Run- April,21

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2002, 05:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ds650DAVE, May 5th sounds like a good date for everyone up here. Haondamarshal would be able to come as well. I have a few questions though. 1. What do we need to bring except food and gas? 2. My son is 11 years old and has a suzuki 160. Would he be able to ride and enjoy himself also? and last, what time do you want to do this? We're looking for an ALL day ride. I appreciate the offer and am lokking forward to coming down to your playground and meeting some of the other guys on this forum. Take care. Guardog

Old 04-24-2002, 06:59 PM
Pro Rider

YES SIR LETS DO IT,....
Dog bro I e'd ya at home ..
Sugar head,,,,I got some freinds coming from that way(NJ)
that weekend,.. so perhaps you can hook up & follow them ..they kinda know how to get there(TCTRI) from New Jersey.
Anybody ELSE?? wanna hook up from here to ride @ Tower City??
"BLister" where are ya buddy ?? come on & ride w/us !

Old 04-24-2002, 07:20 PM
Pro Rider

I really appreciate it u guys are great.May 5th sounds good Ill check my calender so I can go Ride.Also while im there if I decide to join can I do so when Im out there?

Old 04-24-2002, 07:27 PM
Pro Rider

Oh man this really could be good and Im gonna make this work for me.My buddy lives in Easton Pa if i gettoo tired to drive back to the garbage state Ill just crash at his place,its like my home away from home kindaLOL;Happy roosting yall!

Old 04-24-2002, 09:33 PM
Pro Rider

Hey dave, I have a few other buddies that would really like to tag along for the day. Is there any room for two 400ex and a modded "zilla". May 5th for sure...hell or high water.!!! Thanks

Old 04-25-2002, 02:02 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Dave Count me in too. I'm off for the whole day!!!! I checked out your website and I am really excited. Wait till you ride Chapy's Zilla!! Man it's SICK! See ya May 5th.

Old 04-25-2002, 06:29 PM
Trailblazer

I was at Madera I was number 492 we arrived about 9am. It was a good ride as I have ridden it three or four times before. The Rumble on the Ridge is easier but has more play areas hills and such. It does get dusty in May and July if it doesn't rain. There are lots of open fields to ride through and the dust on the road going in really get's heavy. We ride it in he summer with dust masks on under our helmets.

Old 04-25-2002, 07:52 PM
Pro Rider

We should change name of thread (TCTRI)..yeah I'm excited too have not been there for awhile ..we will have a blast!
Hey my buddy ron gotta sick "DS"too(aint a 650 ,aint runnin on gas)when it stays together,.. they should race huh?? .
Other Buddies welcome ..more the better ..we gonna have a hell of crew ..gonna be tearing up the place Im sure !LETS ROCK!!

Old 04-25-2002, 11:42 PM
Pro Rider

Hey guys I was there too. I was # 614 started the ride at about 10 o'clock. It was the earliest I ever started the ride and it was great starting so soon. At one point from check point 2 to 3 I was behind a Raptor and 400 EX(maybe it was you Gaurddog? (I guess not I re-read that you started at like 11) and we never even caught up to any other machines. It was funny to see the guy on the 400 keep looking back at me all over his back bumper. The woods help level the playing field quite a bit(not that we were racing, but it was a pretty good pace). The weather did kinda suck, but if it was nice out there would have been probably around 2,000- 2,500 people which makes for a lot of "bottle necks" at the creeks and stuff like that. As mentioned earlier, it is definately a good idea to go after a rain because the dust is pretty bad. Start another post before June's ride and maybe we can all ride it together?

Old 04-28-2002, 10:47 AM
Pro Rider

Ds Dave I have a few more questions bout Trail city riders.1st of all Im really looking forward to next week to go riding and joining.I just need directions even general 1s and I have a few questions on payment,and machine or legal reguirments.I dont have insurance or registration on my quad,but I do ride safely have all the gear.I just hope this doesnt count me out from joining.I also have a banshee w out spark arrestors will this effect me too,besides the noise cause this bike is loud.Thanks for your replies.Damn its not even monday yet and my brain is set for next weekend that is just terrible.Im gonna be all week at work is it friday yet?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Madera, PA - Poker Run- April,21