Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Tower City - ATV paradise

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2002, 10:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was fortunate to have made a trip to Tower city, PA on May 5th. It was truly an enjoyable experience. There was "MILES" of trail and hill climbs for days. I was invited to ride as a guest of DS650DAVE. The day started off a 7:00am. Myself and three other friend took off for the day on an adventure packed trip. We got lost three times before ever making it to Tower City. Once there, we parked and met up with other ATV enthusiasts. Our host (DS650DAVE) and his wife took us on the trails and within 15 minutes, My buddy's zilla fell apart and spilled all of the oil from the crankcase. We spent the next 1 1/2 hours getting him back to the trailer. When we arrived back to the camp site... There sat dave with a frown on his face because his 250R took a crap! Myself and the rest of the fella's were going to call it a day, but dave insisted that we stay and ride more. ( I'm happy that he did). It was an awesome time among some good friends and actually made some new friends. We rode till 5:00pm and then headed back north for a 2 hour drive. It was well worth the drive and the 20.00 registration fee. Thanks Dave for a great day. I had a blast! Hopefully we can do it again real soon. (when you get the "R" going again) I almost forgot... I beat the mighty Zilla TWICE!!! ( when he was broke down)

Old 05-06-2002, 11:31 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Gardog,..
I had a blast,glad to hear you did too .... even tho the ol R motor(recent purchase of used motor) turned to toast ..heck of way to start my season..was running real good too......
No biggy ,..will be fixed shortly ...
or swap in the stock one( gettin rebuilt ...waiting on Honda)
I Really wanted to show ya more ..could rode as many as miles
as ya wanted .Too bad I did not/could not show ya more ..
We were to close to camp thats why we hit a crowded trail once in a while ..we needed to get a few miles out then there would be very lil traffic ..we were headed that way when the Zilla broke ..thats were mine broke on"the turnpike" about 65-70 mph?? in six gear wide open....wham no power ..
you guys only saw a lil....maybe less
than a 1/8 of ridng areas.There always
time to come back if ya like.
it is a "paradise" of sorts..
we will ride again ..,it was good to meet everyone.
always good to meet good people...
I hear ya now ...damn 2-strokers ...

Old 05-07-2002, 01:14 PM
Pro Rider

Dave I had a blast too and I really want to come back and see some more of Tower City. Thanks so much for your hospitality and making us feel like we have known each other for years. It's really nice to meet people like you and your wife. Get the R fixed and Chapy will hopefully sell the Zilla and buy NEW. I have a feeling that we will be riding together again soon.
-HondaMarshal

Old 05-08-2002, 01:03 AM
Trailblazer

sorry i missed the fun...i will make it next time. sorry bout the r dave

Old 06-21-2002, 02:28 PM
Trailblazer

I have been thinking of going to check out tower city but I am held back because of the high cost of yearly membership. I live down in Delaware and to find a legal place driving at least 2+ hours away is required and if I did join the number of times I could get to the park would be limited. Is there any way to check out the park with becoming a full time member?

Old 06-21-2002, 03:20 PM
Range Rover

Is Tower City real rocky?

Old 06-22-2002, 11:52 PM
wyd
Range Rover

You can ride as a guest for 20 bucks as long as you ride with a member.

Yes TC is rocky in alot of places but they do also have some nice silt bed pits to ride that are not rocky or have almost no rocks.

Old 06-23-2002, 10:19 PM
Range Rover

How far you think Tower city is from south jersey Atlantic City Area.Sounds great like to go check it out thanks.

Old 06-23-2002, 11:01 PM
wyd
Range Rover

Me and my buddies ride with some guys down your way. They say it is like 2 to 2 1/2 hours away.

Old 06-24-2002, 10:20 PM
Range Rover

Thanks WYD making plans now with my buddys to go.

Quick Reply: Tower City - ATV paradise