Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Walden, CO Memorial Day weekend!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2002, 05:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be there. Probably gonna get there Saturday morning. Look for the Blue Banshee with black Toomey pipes, a six pack rack with some sort of orangeish ribbon tied on and a fat guy on the Banshee...

RK, did you get your porting and everything done???

Old 05-16-2002, 07:22 PM
Pro Rider

disturbed

Ya, I remember being the ONLY one at the dunes, after thinking about it, I guess I have been up there since before i bought my 86 250x (many bikes ago), so I have been up there longer. I would be interested in seeing a brochure on that fire pit thingy if you have any extras. You guys all have fun and be careful up there. Should be a little snow around in patches, but I would think it should be pretty wide open. Have a few colds ones for me while I am at work over the holiday...

Old 05-17-2002, 01:47 AM
Pro Rider

tmm2good
i have going to walden for 18 years first trip i was 1 year old!!! we will have the " fire pit thingy " out on the dunes so that will be another way to find me!!it will be the only camp fire their! i'll have brochure so if u want one i'll give u one! i have been up there a few times this year and very little snow anywhere, should all be gone now. i'll toss back a cold one for ya ... uuhh pop that is[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] have fun at work and i'll let u now the next time i go up. peace!

Old 05-20-2002, 02:34 AM
Pro Rider

JUST PUT ON THE NEW LIGHTS...THEY LOOK WAY TRICK!! NOW IM ALL READY TO GO RIP UP WALDEN
CAN'T WAIT.......... PEACE!!!!

Old 05-22-2002, 04:02 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I made the long drive from Phoenix yesterday/today. Now only 2 days and 85 miles to go before Walden. Ill be there Friday morning. I can usually be found in the same place, down in the little valley area below the last restroom. Black 2001 Ford Ranger, Red and Black Banshee. See ya there!

RoostKing...

Old 05-28-2002, 05:20 AM
Pro Rider

Well, How was it everybody, I am going up this coming weekend. Hope we get a good wind to smooth out the dunes from all you guys shredding them ![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. Were there any good nite time full moon rides ? Hope everyone was safe and no injuries. Fire Ban ?

Old 05-28-2002, 07:53 PM
Pro Rider

tmm2good

<< Well, How was it everybody, I am going up this coming weekend. Hope we get a good wind to smooth out the dunes from all you guys shredding them !. Were there any good nite time full moon rides ? Hope everyone was safe and no injuries. Fire Ban ? >>

it was fun... i rolled the rap down a hill the first 15mins i was there but other then that, it was a blast. found some members roostking, zoo, trout. saturday and sun night had clear skys and the night rides were frickin great and it wasn't to cold! there was no fire ban!
have fun this weekend!

Old 05-28-2002, 08:13 PM
zoo
Pro Rider

Had a good time, even though by the end of the first day (Saturday) my Zilla's clutch was fried and stuck in 5th gear. Good thing I brought a back-up (400EX-stocker). Met roostking after he beat me up mini-comp hill, also talked with disturbed660. Sorry I didn't see anyone else, maybe next time.

I will be heading up there again in June, possibly the second week.

Had a blast!

zoo...

Old 05-30-2002, 06:34 PM
Pro Rider

Well, in case any of you are wondering where I was.... I have been in the hospital for the last 6 days; just got out. Really ticked me off. Sorry I couldn't meet up with some of you guys but If I didn't get in the hospital when I did I probably wouldn't be sitting here now.

I hope to be able to ride in a few weeks even if I have to take it real easy. Summer is too short here.

Old 06-01-2002, 11:48 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Hey guys,
Back in Phoenix. Nice meeting you Zoo and Disturned, I suspect i might have raced trout at the drag strip, there were a few Cannondales out there for awhile. Isnt the internet cool! Wyodunes, Well, I guess I cant get on your case too much then, a hospital excuse is just about as good as death for missing a trip. Although dead mans lived up to its named, DEAD, the hills on the north side were kickin! Steep, winding, and running right through the creek. Only went backwards once.. Nobody was making it up those hills unless they had a swingarm, thats for sure.. I have a pic of a sand rail upside down, in the trees at the bottom of the creek, hope it comes out! Not a good thing to do on a Monday afternoon as any potential help is streaming out, heading for home! See ya guys next year!

RoostKing...

Quick Reply: Walden, CO Memorial Day weekend!!