Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Norway and Forest Island Trail?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2002, 06:52 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Need some information on these two trail systems in Upper Michigan...narrow trails, impassable mud,actual trails or just gravel roads etc? Thanks.

Steve
2002 Grizzly

Old 06-03-2002, 07:43 PM
Trailblazer

Rode the Forest Island trail this spring. There was still about 6 inches of snow on the ground so I can't tell you about Mud. The guy I rode with said there was hardly any. There was wooden driveways over what looked to be the worst areas. Trail is very well marked with gas at the One trail head, along with food and drink. I believe that that is still in delta county, and they just past a county ordanance allowing you t ride the shoulders of most roads.

If your making a trip UP here, Let us know we can pretty much show you what ever your looking for. Trails, MUD, Hill, the Veiws are Great. We are always looking for new people to ride with, and there are allot more places to ride than whats in the pamplet.

2002 Grizz
27" ITP 589's
2500 Warn

Old 06-05-2002, 07:03 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the info, I'll certainly be making a trip up there.

Steve
Grizzly

Old 06-06-2002, 12:49 AM
Trailblazer

Flipper:
The Forest Island trail is a nice trail with some nice scenery. You can start at Cedar River Michigan or at the other end. About eight miles south east of Bark River. The trail is aproximately 52 miles round trip.
The Norway trail has a little bit of everything. Mud, logging roads, beaverdams etc. You can start just northeast of Norway on the Norway Truck trail and head north to Felch or east to LaBranch. Food and Gas at both places. Heading South is very limited.
All county roads are legal to ride on the shoulder going to and from other trails. Unfortunately, our trails do not completely interconnect with each other and once in a while, depending on where you are going, I will ride the shoulder of the road but this is very minimal.
We ride almost every weekend. There is alot of state and papermill property that we ride beside the Norway trail system.
We always welcome additional riders.
jigginjack
2002 Polaris HO-X
Metalic Blue/Yellow
2500# warn Winch Front or back!
Palaris Aluminum Diamon Cargo Box
Hand Warmers
Microwave oven
More
Charter member of The HO Train Iron Range Riders!

Old 06-06-2002, 10:42 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the info jigginjack, by the way how were the trails in Hurley. I heard the best part of trail 6 was still closed, is that true (Hoyt rd to HWY E).

Steve
2002 Grizzly

Old 06-06-2002, 01:23 PM
Trailblazer

Flipper:
Hurley was a great time. Had some great times with Floodrunner and his wife, Mac, Oden, and two of my cousins from Merrill Wi. We made it all the way through on trail six no problem, the fun one was trail eight and another trail we know of which is MUD> MUD< and more MUD... We tried to stay out of Hurley as much as possible. One of the better times for sure!!
As far as trail six being closed, we didnt see any sign idicating that.
jigginjack