Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Wayne NF Camping

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2002, 01:08 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, who has experience camping around the Monday Creek area at Wayne Natl. Forest? My wife and I stayed a night at the Williams campground and lets just say we weren't impressed (noisy, bad facilities, etc.).

I took a drive through Camp Ohio on our way out of town and it looked better but was packed. Does it usually fill up on summer weekends (say, by Friday PM?), is it relatively quiet after dark (no rowdies, beer parties, etc.), does it have trail access, etc.?

We loved the trails, but we go camping for the peace and quiet, not to listen to our neighbors party all night.

Old 06-11-2002, 01:34 PM
Trailblazer

U can camp at any of the area in door run and it is usually peaceful and quiet..No facilities other than 1/2 way decent outhouses though..I have a 16 ft self contained camper that I pull down there and stick it anywhere in the door run area..Is NO charge to camp there and is quiet except on Major holiday weekends..

Old 06-11-2002, 03:34 PM
Pro Rider

donavan

Glad to see other NW Ohio people making it down to Wayne. Williams Camping is a dump. Enough said. Camp Ohio is nicer, but your right, it does tend to be more crowded and tends to be noisier. If you really want quiet, I would do as the Punisher says and stay at the parking areas. Another option, go to Williams and go on down the hill. Usually there is no one down there and you kind of have the place to yourself. I guess the noise at Camp Ohio doesn't bother me. I go for the bs ing around the campfire and the talking with other riders. Scott at Camp Ohio does a decent job of keeping people from riding in the camp. The only noise problem I had a Williams was the two stroke dirt bikers starting there bikes at 7:00 am and reving them up. Darn noisy things.

Old 06-12-2002, 08:56 AM
Trailblazer

Yeah, my biggest problems with Williams were the restroom hadn't been cleaned since it was built and the group of jerks up the hill from me revving their engines at 2:00 AM. Why does everyone think louder pipes always mean more power?

I didn't know it was legal to camp at the parking areas, although I did see quite a few people doing just that. Kind of interesting.

Thanks for the advice.