Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Yellow Creek, Wellsville, aka PITS

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 06:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yellow Creek, Wellsville, aka PITS

backseatrider, i havent been their in a long time. can you still go in at wellsville? is their somewhere to park? me and my buddies are thinking about hitting it this june.

any info would be great

Old 11-12-2004, 06:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

Check out a new website that I am building that is based out of northeast Ohio. www.neohoutdoors.com The site is a collection of information regarding outdoor recreation. You'll find maps, journals, pictures and route descriptions for trips. This includes backpacking, kayaking, camping, ATV and skiing trips in Ohio and Pennsylvania.

Old 06-13-2006, 05:20 AM
Trailblazer

i was wondering about wellsville and if you have been there lately because i have been trying to get a camp site down there and i was wondering about this hillbilly guy you talked about

Old 06-13-2006, 10:50 AM
Trailblazer

wellsville is open and #1 for off road. you ccan go through 1 of 2 campsites which they will charge you $5.00 a person to ride and $5.00 a night to camp.Or you can go down the old way for free.thats goin past the industrial park to the 2nd tressel.need more info let me know.as far as hillbilly goes he is not in the picture anymore.NO NEED TO WORRY ABOUT HIM ,,HE IS NO LONGER ALIVE.GOD BLESS HIS SOUL

Old 06-14-2006, 01:43 AM
Trailblazer

well i was there today to look at some camp sites at yellow creek. where do you pay $5 a day, because i was going to buy a camp site for $1000 but i ve rode there before and never payed to ride. i also talked to some guy named jeff(drove a blue dodge ram with a cap and had a lot of tattoos) about the sites he didnt really help us out. how do you get to the oak tree sportsman club? oh yeah and i guess someone was shooting a gun off around 7:30 i was on my quad for a little bit but i didnt hear any shots. some lady said they were shooting right up the trail after after you cross the train tracks. some lady stoped me and asked me if i was shooting a rifle.

Old 06-19-2006, 11:15 AM
Trailblazer

oak tree camp site is up 25th street.it would be the last exitoff rt.7make a rt turn up the hill,its about quarter mile or so on the right hand side cant miss it.as far as some shooting off guns we hear hunters all time down here. i dont think you have anything to worry about as far as getting shot,. (lol) there has never been a shooting down there , for the most part everyone tries to look out for each other.let me know if you need more info .
jeff

Old 06-20-2006, 01:49 AM
Trailblazer

yeah i found the oaktree campsite, he charged us $500 for a site but between 4 people that's not much considering in the city of green were i live the police (they ride spostman 500's with the red ands blue lights, no joke) shut down all of our riding spots and outlawed all atvs and dirtbikes within the city limit becuase of farmers copmplaining (morons that tear up the feilds in the spring after they plant) or the farms being turned into housing devlopments, and if you are caught by the police you get a trespassing fine, noise ordinance fine, and youre bike gets impounded. we used to ride in these woods across the street from my house alot until they turned it into a state walking park, we still rode there for a while after until my friend got caught riding by an undercover cop last spring. he was going through the parking lot and some guy starting walking toward him and he got about 10 feet from him and pulled out a badge ran up to his bike and grabbed the clutch handle before he could get away from him, my friend at first that some guy was trying to jack his quad. he almost got willfull fleeing, which is a felony, but instead he got operating in state park property and some other little fines that cost about $300 and lost his license for like 3 months. they are cracking down on us hard around here.

do you know if a lot of bikes get stolen down there? because i was there on saturday night and some one told me that two dirtbikes got stolen from yellow creek, and last summer i was at yellow creek with a freind that knew someone that camped there, and two bikes where stolen from yellow creek.

Old 06-23-2006, 11:41 PM
Trailblazer

its basically ride at your own risk. they really dont steal anything unless you just leave it. it cost 5.00 to 10.00 a day to ride thru the campground. if you go down thru the old brick yard its free everything.need more info tuckerdirt@yahoo.com