Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

louisiana

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2002, 02:23 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whos from shreveport/bossier? Where are some good places to ride in Louisiana?

Old 06-22-2002, 03:42 PM
Pro Rider

not to sure about that far north i've gotten to forrest hills and also to la dunes . down closer to me are several mx tracks quad allowed . . as far as forrest hills lotsa trails . 80 +/- miles of em . and la dunes 500 + acres . wishing for a 10k acre sand pit

Old 06-23-2002, 01:42 PM
Trailblazer

there isnt alot around our neck of the woods. there are some in longview i think, ive heard of others but havnt checked em out yet so cant comment on those.

Old 06-25-2002, 07:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I have rode in a few different areas of louisiana. Kisatchie forest is good for trail riding, I suggest bringing a four wheel drive there expecially after it has rained. It gets nasty. It is located north of Leesville. An hour and fifteen minutes south of Shreveport. The spillway in New Orleans is a little of everything, any atv is good. La Dunes is a sand pit so a sport bike is real good. It also has some good trails and creeks for four wheel drives. Camp Claybourne is good trail riding and has some spots where four wheel drive is needed. Heard about a place in Carencro, louisiana where alot of atvs go on saturdays for drag racing. Haven't heard much about it, i would like to ride there so if anyone has any info it would help. Besides these main spots there are a few smaller ones. Not many here that i know of, i'm new to the area. If there are any please let me know something.

Old 06-26-2002, 12:21 PM
CED
Pro Rider

The races in Carencro are the second and fourth sunday of the month.Later.

Old 06-26-2002, 12:50 PM
Pro Rider

Down around houma where I am at it's endless trail riding, but if it rains, well bring plenty of clothes it gets wet.

The spill way just out side of new orleans is pretty much endless, been there so many times and still only seen about 70% of it. Postings of the forrest hills area are already up there, ah, not sure. I know there is a bunch of drag racing and MX tracks between here and mississippi.

Old 06-28-2002, 12:47 PM
Pro Rider

i read in the usa today a few days ago about closing camp claybourne due to munitions scattered all over the place . people have been running amuck and veering off the trails someone could really get hurt out there . .
Niels

Old 06-28-2002, 06:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thats too bad. I went there on a trip to LA Dunes and had a good time. Nice place to ride, wish there was something like that around me. The only problem I had with it is when we asked the locals for better directions they looked at us VERY ODD and said something about witchcraft at night.

Old 07-01-2002, 01:38 AM
Range Rover

im from shreveport, and have a raptor, drag banshee, and a rancher
we used to ride in Sibley in the sand pits, and longview the fun wheeler park, the river beds, and the track in benton (although it is closed right now for 4wheelers), track in minden, and monroe. and i just come back from dodridge, arkansas which is about 40 miles from shreveport. they got a few trails and hills and a giant sand bar u can ride on the last weekend of every month. i also go up to waynoka, ok to tha lil sahara state park a lot.

Old 07-02-2002, 06:42 PM
Pro Rider

HA HA HA witchcraft at night damn locals tell ya anything ! dont believe it . more like drunk friends howling in the dark . i know we howl once we have had a good day tearing it up .

Quick Reply: louisiana