Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Moving from PA to KY. Need trail info.

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2002, 12:56 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive been looking for riding areas in the state of KY. I'll be moving to Lexington late Aug. I've been searching for places to ride and would like some feedback on Livingston and Harlan.

Old 08-15-2002, 02:37 PM
Range Rover

Danial Boone. It is in your back yard. A great place to ride|||||

Old 08-15-2002, 03:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey raptor, thanks for the info. Is there enough riding there to justify driving a few hours? I thought the trails there were on the short side. I'm used to rideing any where from 25 to 35 miles without riding the same trails.

Old 08-15-2002, 05:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

There is a place in livingston called Cromer. Alot of people ride there. Good place to ride.

Old 08-15-2002, 07:27 PM
Pro Rider

It would be a few hours drive, but if you really want some good riding you need to visit the hatfield mccoy trail in southern west virginia. people come from all over the US and beyond to ride. there are three seperate trail heads and lots of riding. The secret is that you are not limited to the trail it just helps people not get lost. If you dont get lost you can ride for days and never hit the same trail twice. Well I guess you could do that even if you do get lost but it wouldn't be as much fun. During the summer they have special events and they are a blast. Mud bogs, drag racing, wheelie contests, wou name it and they have it. They are in the process right now of building a atv race park. It is almost done. It is going to be awesome.

Old 08-19-2002, 04:05 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Stuckinmud,
I live in Lexington, and would be more than glad to point you in the right direction. We could all go out some weekend if you want. What type of riding do you like? Woods, Mud, etc.

Old 08-19-2002, 05:10 PM
Pro Rider

also try Land between the Lakes and Coal Creek mountain in oliver springs,tn.

Old 08-19-2002, 10:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey jfpler01,
I love the wooded trails as well as a little mud. Not into high speed riding. I have a 2001 Trail Boss so I'm limited on the mud. I'm moving to Georgetown the 27th of this month. Send me your e-mail address and I will get a hold of you soon (jkint@webtv.net). I can't go to long without a good day of riding. Thanks

Old 08-21-2002, 10:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

I rode the S-Tree Trailhead in Daniel Boone Forest in March. It was nicely groomed, and fun.

But, for a real thrill, take I-75 south to the exit at Route 909. It's referred to as "the 909", and it is a real adventure. It is an unregulated riding area immediately adjacent to the exit, in fact, there's nothing else there except a gas station and a huge parking lot. It was an adventure on my bone stock KTM LC4 400. It is a huge riding area, with many rocky trails and hill climbs.

You won't be disappointed, no matter what your skill level.

Old 08-22-2002, 11:00 AM
Pro Rider

Ktmlc, you are referring to Livingston, I am going to try it soon. Where are you from?

I am thinking about adding a bike to the stable, but my wife is NOT happy about that, do you like the KTM?

Quick Reply: Moving from PA to KY. Need trail info.