Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Searching near Middletown, NY

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2002, 02:13 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys. I live in Greenwood lake. 15k acres behind me and no legal riding.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] We ride down in mahwah at the 17/287 interchange. Up through Stag hill down in jersey and end up in pompton lakes. I HEARD that there is someplace up in Pine Island that there is some land owner who charges for the day to ride. Still tracking it down. Anyone want ot mail me exact locations to ride in Orange/Putnam county I'll make a list and post it on my web site..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-25-2002, 11:31 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for all the input. Keep adding to it if and when you hear of any good riding. I just found a place on the net called Lembo Lake where they charge $30 for the day, but you need reg. and ins. to ride. Haven't been there myself yet, but some say it's cool; 400 acres of mud, sand dirt, rocks,etc. The web site is www.atvny.com and it's located in Modena, NY.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-25-2002, 12:03 PM
Pro Rider

i went to lembo lake last year. it's o.k. it gets very dusty and there weren't many trails. there is alot of orchards to ride through there. i wouldn't pay to go there. i'd rather go to mahwah for free. hey creepster, i would love to hear more about the pine island thing. i only live about 10 minutes from there. let me know what u find out. thanx

Old 08-26-2002, 11:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

hey guy's from Middletown and Slate Hill. I go riding every sunday and we go to Tetz on Crystal Run Rd. and ride in there. We also take the trails and go through Campbell Hall and ride into MTA (yellow Frieght) in Maybrook its a fun ride. I have an 18ft enclosed trailer and my buddies just pile into that and go. let me know if you want more info or want to go sometime I live down by the woodbury commons

Old 09-03-2002, 05:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]Thanks again for all your input , dudes (and dudettes?). I'm running in the Sullivan County poker run this Sat. 9/7/02. It's a 45 mi. tour and promises to be a real gas. Some of my friends have done it before and were VERY pleased with the event. Can't wait. I'll let you all know how it was.

Old 09-03-2002, 11:00 PM
Pro Rider

i just found out i can get to tetz from my house on the quad. i have to ride down the rr tracks. hope the riding is good there!!

Old 09-04-2002, 02:00 PM
Trailblazer

Where is Tetz? How do you get there? Any parking there? Anyone ride from Mahwah to pompton lakes? If not it's a great ride. In Pompton they have a whole area under 287. I haven't found any parking in pompton yet but working on it. When my new gps get's here I'm going to post locatons on there.

Old 09-04-2002, 02:02 PM
Trailblazer

jwkawi - still trying to locate the Pine island thing. Hope it's not an urban legend.

Old 09-05-2002, 09:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

I don't know where you're coming from, but if you haed up Rt. 17N, it's exit 120 to the Galleria Mall in Middletown, NY. Go to crystal run Rd., about half way to Goshen Trnpk.(about 3-4 mi.)

Old 09-06-2002, 12:40 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks, am I correct that it's on Crystal run? Somewhere to unload or do the local fuzz bust *****?

Quick Reply: Searching near Middletown, NY