Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

?? Memphis and the Mid-South ??

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2002, 08:59 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Folks, I recently got back into riding after about a 10 year break. I am having a hard time finding any good riding areas around Memphis.

I know they shut down the Wolf River Trails off Covington Pike and I-40. My cousin and I made a trip up to Turkey Bay up at "Land Between the Lakes" this past weekend and had a blast but thats about 3 - 3 and a half hours away. I also have heard about that area up off of Hwy 59 in Covington Tn. and will prolly go check that out this weekend as thats only about 45 min or so from where I'm at. Are there any other places I could check out that are still open to riding? I hear that Tenn. has recently closed down ALOT of riding areas. I have no problem with heading over to AR or down to Miss, just looking for some decent places to ride a little closer than 3 hours away.

I am always on the look out for somewhere to ride and would love to hook up with anyone anywhere who also loves to ride.

Thanks, any info at all would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-26-2002, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider

Hi Gimli I am only about an hour from Memfo. I have been down to Selmer to ride some trails. They got some nice ones. What are you riding? There is a group of us who get out on the weekends and ride on the river bank sand bars.

Steven

Old 08-27-2002, 11:43 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey there, I ride an ATC 200X every chance I get which is pretty limited to the weekends for the time being. Trails and river bank sand bars huh, sounds like fun to me, I just love to ride and could have fun doing so just about anywhere.

Maybe we can hook up sometime and ya can show me around, thanks again for the info.

Rick

Old 08-27-2002, 03:11 PM
Range Rover
Scared to death of girls!

Head to Windrock (Coal Creek). It's in Oliver Springs, about 5 miles from Oak Ridge. We are going this weekend for our sixth trip there since the end of March. It is WELL worth the 8 hour ride from Michigan. We ride with a guy who comes over from Nashville almost every weekend. The riding and the scenery are excellent. It's 50.00 for a year pass. There is a motel in Oak Ridge for 55.00 per night, if you tell them you are there to ride with Windrock ATV. You will not regret it. Let me know if you need any more info. I have ridden all the trails multiple times, and quite a few unmarked ones. In fact, we have taken two 10 hour trips up to Caryville and back. Great time.

Scott[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-04-2002, 11:21 AM
Trailblazer

Gimli,

Here's a local place to ride. There are a few trails and a MX track as well. It's not the best but like I said it's local. I don't know where your located but here are the directions. From Walnut Grove take 240 South to Getwell go back over the Interstate on the right you will see a small opening where you can enter between the guard rail. You will have to ride over the curb. I ride the MX track about once a week. It's close and I can get a few hours of riding in after work.

400exTN out!

Old 09-04-2002, 05:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey, thanks for the heads up. I have checked out Coal Creek online and that looks like alot of fun but more of a every now and then thing as its about 6 hours from here, cant wait to check it out tho.

Off 240 and Getwell huh? Thats cool, Im in Bartlett so thats pretty close for me. I will definately be checking that out in the near future, possibly this weekend if other plans dont go thru.

Thanks again