Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Iowa Guys, how many we got here!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2003, 07:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Iowa Guys, how many we got here!!

man, it's been prolly 17 yrs ago last time i went riding at Wilcox. is it west of Bussey? i can't remember. (old phart syndrome! LOL!)
hope to have the ol' 'Sport running by Memorial Day weekend.

Old 03-02-2003, 06:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone race mx on a quad near council bluffs, i'm new to the area and would like to find someone to ride with, i like to ride in the mornings during the weeki, cause i race all weekend, does any one know of any place to ride during the week.

Old 03-03-2003, 09:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Wackjob,
Did you get my email about Willow Creek? I am from Missouri Valley. I have never been riding at Timber Ridge. Will they let you ride for a day? If so I might have 3 to 4 guys you might be interested. Willow Creek wants about $1000 for there membership. I am going down to check out the Mormon Bridge Trails this weekend or next. Would you or anyone else be up for it? How many guys to you have in your group?

Old 03-03-2003, 09:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

Down in Minden they use to have a track setup and you could ride there. I have been down and ran around it a few times. I heard that they were going to remove it. But I don't know if they did. I would think you could ride the Mormon Bridge Trials all week. You just need to pay for parking at a near by house.

Old 03-04-2003, 02:50 AM
Pro Rider

Do any of you guys ride at Bussey much? I think we're planning a trip some time this next weekend. Hope the weather isn't too bad.

Old 03-04-2003, 11:14 AM
Trailblazer

Trail Addict--

Yeah I got your message. Yeah, I know Rex Babbit from Blair.

As for the Mormon bridge area, I wouldn't even bother going down there until it dries out. Supposed to be getting 4 to 6 inches of snow today. That area is pretty flat, although the farmer likes to build up some decent ramps with a frot end loader. If you haven't been there yet I 'd go as soon as all the snow melts and the ground drys out. I don't really expect that place to last. The farmer is charging people to park on his persoanl property and allowing access to the trail area which is actually an old abondoned dump site along the river. A lot of people have been riding out through the DNR hunting area to reach the sandbars, a big no no and will get you a ticket. The ironic thing is that people are doing this while directly accross the river within site is the Coast Guard station, and I am sure they know your not supposed to be there.

A few people have got injured out there already. It's only going to take one local TV to station to give it the publicity it needs to shut it down. Don't get me wrong I am all for riding, but legally and safely.

Now to Timber Ridge. Last time I spoke to them I believe membership costs $500 per year. If you have people in your family who ride, I believe it's well worth it. The terrain is very scenic and challenging. Lots and lots of big BIG BIG hills. When spring comes around if you are interested in checking it out we could show you around. Although I would recommend getting in touch with the owners first. There is no day riding allowed. Check out www.peelout.net

Eric

Old 03-04-2003, 11:28 AM
Weekend Warrior

i drove by that mormon bridge place and didn't see any jumps, i was wondering where they were out there. I don't care about trail riding much, just like to jump big and was wondering if it would be worth it for me to go out there and ride. Thanks for your help.

Old 03-04-2003, 01:38 PM
Range Rover

ATVgurl---

A bunch of us are planning a trip to bussey, but probably not for a few weeks. I would love to go this weekend, but just too much other stuff going on. Maybe we will see you some other time.

Old 03-04-2003, 11:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

I agree about riding legal and safe.

But has far has the snow and mud, Bring it on! Thats why I have a 4x4! Maybe we will go check out the C.B. OHV park.
Spoke to LaDonna Bumann today. Going up in April to meet her and get a look at Timber Ridge.

AtvGurl, is Bussey a OHV park?

Old 03-05-2003, 12:12 AM
Range Rover

Trailaddict--

Yes, Bussey is a park. It is actually called Bluff Creek. It is near Oskaloosa. I have not been there, but everyone I talk to says it is the best in Iowa.

Quick Reply: Iowa Guys, how many we got here!!