Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Kansas City Mo.....Northland Riders?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2003, 10:34 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kansas City Mo.....Northland Riders?

I was at Barry Road this weekend. There were more people riding then I have seen before. It was great to see everyone enjoying this great place to ride, but... there was also a group of people doing donuts on Hampton Road. I noticed this on several occasions. I'm thinking the soccer mom crowd won't tolerate that too much before complaining to the law. I would say, at best, the legality of riding here is questionable. We definately don't want to rock the boat, if you know what I mean.

There is a place East of there that I ride at also. While driving by Sunday I saw the law riding a fourwheeler with several riders stopped nearby. He had lights and sirens and the whole getup! My point is that they are equiped and if they want to shut us down they will.

Enough said!

Ride safe!

Old 05-05-2003, 11:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

Excellent point! I hope everyone is listening..We all know how hard it is to find a decent place to ride much less this close to home.

Old 06-16-2003, 12:27 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey fellow Northland riders! I have a job for all of you guys. I purchased a brand new Honda 400EX at the end of March, just three months ago. After only owning it 6 days!!! It was stolen from me. Insurance isnt covering it, and cops do not seem to care! It was stolen out of the Quail Run apparment complex at night. Now the thing is I put up fliers to see if anyone saw anything, and sure enough the people I thought stole it are the suspects my witness gave me. The only problem is, the cops couldnt pin anything on the guy, because there wasnt enough evidence. Now the guys name is Robert McMullin. Hes a pretty "stocky" guy and he drives a dark green F-250 and at the time it had a white tail gate. Now according to my witness, who knew the suspect, says this guy and his friends had joked about how they had just stolen an atv out of a truck that night. The other thing is, she said these guys have been doing this for some time! She says they are known for stealing ATV's and other bikes and taking them to their warehouse, and parting them out. Now she told me the warehouse is somewhere either in Riverside or Raytown, she couldnt remember. Heres the thing, you guys find out where this guy is, and if he is convicted I will reward whoever with $500.00. This guy needs to be stopped before he steals from you!. If anyone knows about people buying stolen parts, or parts real cheap, or anything suspecious like this call me right away-816-419-9912 or home 816-587-9547. We must end this now, before you are the next victim, remember this isnt the first time he has done this, so you could be next, so be careful. Just please help me! And keep your ears to the ground very close to the ground. Cops dont care, thats why we need to stick together.

Matt

Old 06-16-2003, 04:35 AM
Range Rover

i've got a new v-force, cops have came by TWICE now wanting to see proof of ownership, I live in independence btw. I'm pretty suprised the cops down here are actually *doing* something about stolen quads, i've heard of a few storys of stolen quads out of locked homes around this area, not too suprised. people drive by and see me washing mine or loading/unloading it, thought it was their buddies cause magically his "green kawasaki" got stolen a few weeks ago i guess, not too sure they have much to go by just by color, but it was nice to see 4 officers show up at my house looking into it. i've since put kryptonite locks/chains over everything possible, though it is still locked in the garage.. can't be too safe now a days =]
i'll definitely keep a look out for any stolen items, it sure the hell aint cool.

Old 06-22-2003, 06:58 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah too many people advertise that they have quads buy riding them on the streets and leaving them set out in the open. Makes me sick thinking that we can't leave something out for a bit without some lowlife taking it. Of the 5 quads that I have I only have one out in the yard at a time when I wash them, and thats only if I don't wash them on the way home from the ride. Without "proof" the cops can't do anything about it and the insurance companies are a joke when it comes to insurance. All that thay will give you is the blue book value of your quad. They won't pay for any extras that you have installed on your ride not even of you show receipts. I've got 2 chains, 3 cable locks, alarm on the house and 2 dogs. Plus me running out in my pj's with my 40. If thats not enought then I give up.

PissedOffAtver,

I've never came across anyone selling used parts yet, not at the Sanddrags or not much at the swap meets. got alot of friends and I'll ask them if they have heard of any parts at a good price deals. Think it would be hard to sell newer parts here localy without causing alot of questions. Although e-bay would be a place that I would start.

encieno,

going to go to Deep Water here in a few weeks if you are interested. just got back from Oklahoma and the dunes, had one hell of a time. Drop me a pm if you or anyone else is interested.