Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

NE Ohio Riders going to Cochranton or Marienville?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2000, 08:19 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey ... is anyone from the NE Ohio area heading to the Cochranton Poker Run or the Marienville Tour de Forest? I'm looking for some folks to team up with for either (or both) of these events.

Tom
'99 Blaster

Old 03-31-2000, 01:10 PM
Trailblazer

Whats up man. How are you doing? It is good to see a city close to mine. Im from Willoughy Hills. My cousin lives in Willowick. I was thinking on going on the Cochranton if I get my new ATV when I get home from college. What do you ride and maybe we could go riding sometime

Old 03-31-2000, 01:56 PM
Trailblazer

I'm a Pennsylvannia rider but if you'd like you can ride with our group
events gonna be big this year,should be a blast

Old 04-04-2000, 08:26 PM
zr2
Weekend Warrior

I am also from NE Ohio. Does anyone know of any riding areas around NE Ohio (besides Hillsville,Wellsville)

THANKS
JEFF
00 400EX
87 Warrior

Old 04-04-2000, 11:51 PM
Range Rover

Yeah, me and three others are goin to Mariennville in May. Its my first time there. Lookin forward to it. See you guys there.

Old 04-05-2000, 08:40 AM
Trailblazer

Hey Boomer,
I live not far from Curtisville...not very far from you. Have you ever ridden any of the trails that can be seen from Rt. 28 and how do you get on them? There are some nice trails near Emerlimg Park on Rt. 910 that are easy to access. As far as Marrienville goes, it is nothing like Cochranton. Other than a few connecting trails, most of it covers snowmobile trails and forest roads that are wide and flat. If it is dry, expect a lot of dust. I have ridden it twice but will not be going this time. With my limitted time, I will save my opportunities to ride the regular trails. Don't get me wrong, this is a well put together event. It is just not challenging. It is however, a great family ride with some beautiful scenery and the procedes are for a good cause. I will more than likely do it in the fall, the changing leaves would make it worthwhile.

Old 04-05-2000, 12:40 PM
Range Rover

Dan,
I ride the trails along 28 quite a bit. We run them from Fawn Twp, into Tarentum, then up to Harrison. Theres alot of good riding up in those hills. We also go up to Pine Hill. Its right along 28 also. We usually start from a friends house in Fawn Twp. You could probably park right there near Bullcreek to get on the trails. Wheres the ones near 910? How do you get on?

Old 04-05-2000, 02:51 PM
Trailblazer

Boomer,
Do you mean right near the entrance to Tour-Ed Mine? Do any of the land owners bother you or are their specific areas to steer clear of? I know by me, there are a couple of places in between riding areas that have become off limits for one reason or another. If you didn't know the area, you could be in for a heap of trouble if you were just following the trails and weren't familiar with the "local rules". One guy is pretty radical. As far as 910 goes, heading from 28, almost at the top of the hill make a right onto (I think) Rich Hill Rd. It takes you back to Rosedale Sportsman's Club. I have seen people parked at the railroad tunnel, but have never ridden there. I have been further down 910 into Indianola. I think you turn right at an orange brick building that looks like it might be an old school. You will go over Deer Creek, under the Turnpike, and can park at the bottom of the hill. There are trails on both sides of the road. The right will take you back over towards Rich Hill Road again. The few times I have ridden here, we always had with us, a kid or newbie that limited our distance or capabilities but there are trails all over that hillside. Hope this is of some help. The way I work, I can't make very definite plans, but maybe we can get a few guys together somtime and ride locally.

Old 04-06-2000, 01:12 AM
Range Rover

Yeah, you could probably park at the mine and head up the hill. We start from a friends house near there. We'll have to hook up some time to do some riding in the area. There are about 6 more of us in the area that ride. Most of us are police officers in the area, so we tend to be kinda careful about riding on private property.