Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Why doesn!t anyone want to ride in Ontario-Canada?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2000, 09:06 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems hard to beleive that with some 30000 miles of beautiful, uncrowded and small towns and lodges that no one on this board wants to ride up there! But on the other hand complain about no areas to ride without being hasseled by the authorities. These trails are for everyones enjoyment and its nice to ride in areas where you are actually wanted.Its to bad many more do not want to ride up there because they sure are missing some great riding and with the exchange rates the way they are, hard to refuse not to go up there. Just my 2 cents worth.

Old 04-04-2000, 09:47 PM
Range Rover

Let me see......600 and some miles,12 hours of drive time. A little hard to fit this one in a weekend.

Old 04-04-2000, 11:41 PM
Range Rover

Sounds like a beautiful place to ride.My kinda place.Hopefully when i retire or hit the lotto i will be traveling and rideing in those kinds of places.But for now i stay close to home here in Northern or central Calif....BOB

Old 04-05-2000, 06:50 PM
Pro Rider

I got to get back up their but, "It's hard to find the time".

Those exchange rates are great.And the feeling of being welcome, The food, parking right outside of any bussiness and walking in the door.

We were up at St Come, St Donat, The La Glaciere-motel and Restaurant
And St-Zenon.(Great Breakfast)

Great views..........It would take a week to do it right, 600 miles in six days....Staying in a different place each night. Woo...Hoo! Have a blu

Old 04-07-2000, 11:54 AM
Pro Rider

Your right, lots of room to ride, no hassles, but up here in the wilds of Northwestern Ontario the only organized trail systems are for snowmobiles only. They won't allow ATV's on the trails even in the summer. No wonder "Adventure Trails" is so far in the hole, especially when we haven't had much snow in the few years. Oh well their loss not ours. Trouble is, without an organization to map, mark, and maintain these many miles of trails and logging roads it's hard to set up a tour of any length for out of town/ country guests such as yourself. Southern Ontario has finally clued in so the snowmobilers and ATVer's work together for the common cause "the multi-use trail system". We on the other hand just site and wait till the others clue in.

However, there is a group working on a "Cross Canada Trail System"

Jeff

Old 04-20-2000, 01:52 PM
Pro Rider

More News on the Trail Systems!
It seems that the "Ontario Federation of Snowmobilers" and "Adventure Trails" has clued in and are in the process of working out the details for multi-use trail systems. It's about time!
Anyway I'll keep you all posted. In the meantime if anyone is interested in coming up for a ride e-mail me a note and we'll see what we can do.

c-ya Jeff