Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

MN trails?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2003, 11:10 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MN trails?

I just got a Prairie 650 and am wondering of any areas to ride in MN. Specifically I live in Big Lake, MN about half way between the Twin Cities and St. Cloud. I am doing searches as well but just looking for more input.

Thanks...

Old 01-10-2003, 11:39 AM
Pro Rider
Default MN trails?

MN DNR Trails list

You're only an hour or so away from Red Top, which is an excellent riding area. Closed at the moment, though.

Old 01-10-2003, 12:46 PM
Pro Rider
Default MN trails?

Thanks for the reply Pechmial. I found that list and will definately have to check out those places when they reopen. Looking to go somewhere tomorrow. Will probably just ride the ditches for now.

Old 01-10-2003, 01:21 PM
Pro Rider
Default MN trails?

You're probably only a couple hours from Nemadji. Never rode there but I hear it's nice and I believe it's open year around in parts. I generally ride the Tri-County ATV park in winters (only an hour from me, maybe an hour and a half from you heading down 94 to 35). It's not as fun as trails, but is better than ditches.

Won't be riding there any time soon, though. An accident there last weekend left the rider's ok, but with $500 damage to my Cat. Need a new bumper, headlight and, most importantly, radiator. Oh well, just the cost of having fun, I suppose.

Old 01-10-2003, 02:17 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MN trails?

There are only a few trails open in the winter, I'll ride the Gander Dancer over by Danbury if it's not too cold out. There is a trail up by Brainerd that's open all year, the Ripley, but it's pretty much ditches from what I hear. There is alot of ditch riding along 169 by Elk River which is pretty close to you.

Old 01-10-2003, 02:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default MN trails?

correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the ditches closed this time of year also?

Old 01-10-2003, 02:30 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MN trails?

As far as I know the ditches are always fair game in MN, especially when there's no snow. I'd yield right of way to sleds if there were snow though.

Old 01-10-2003, 03:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default MN trails?

As far as I know the ditches are open all year. I am still checking on everything though. Sorry to hear about the accident Pechmial but sounds like it could have been much worse.

Old 01-10-2003, 04:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default MN trails?

Yes, it could have been worse. While I'd given the two novices who were on the Cat's safety instructions, I neglected to mention the obvious things like "slow down if you don't know what's on the other side of that hill." Unfortunately, the two machines met rather abruptly that way. My Bro's 375 only busted a headlight ($75), mine, as I mentioned, didn't fare so well. Both the riders, however, escaped without injury and are eager to ride again, though a little more wisely.

Old 01-10-2003, 06:15 PM
Range Rover
Default MN trails?

whereisthemud,come on over to danbury all the trails are open in the winter. there are hundreds of miles of trails around here.we try to ride every weekend,its not to far a drive for ya(maby 2hrs 100 to 110 mi) your welcome to come with,just give a shout....later BTW we are going on a ride sunday if you feel like driving that far........later again

Quick Reply: MN trails?