Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Anywhere to ride around Avon Lake, Ohio???

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 04:24 PM
CWG
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anywhere to ride around Avon Lake, Ohio???

Yeah so far seems to be BS.
Called the City Hall, the mayors office and cant seem to get thru on the police phone...LOL
one more try and I'll give up

CWG

Old 02-16-2004, 04:32 PM
CWG
Pro Rider

The police number isnt working, now THATS funny.
I emailed the bud of mine who's a cop in Avon, maybe he knows. The last guy I talked to in the city hall said he cant imagine giving permits to run on PowerLine easements...of course not, LOL, but us Northern Ohioers are desperate for close riding...I mean Wayne is cool, but a day is lost for a few hours riding...pfffft

Old 02-16-2004, 04:50 PM
Range Rover

Well, out in medina, it would seem that you should have lots of farm land or access to it. I have a relative out there, he even rides on the road. Out there on those country roads, no one ever says anything to him about it.

Old 02-16-2004, 07:25 PM
CWG
Pro Rider

Yeah, I get trespassers all the time on ATV's, most are NOT kids. I have 40 acres and dont run the hell out of it, gets boring and really takes 5 minutes to go from front to back, it would be fun if it were a dirt track thats not what I need here LOL. That and an area for ATV's expects to get muddied up.
I'd like to get into something different than what I have here. No country roads here, just the kind with cars ripping down at 60 MPH!
I'll post when my bud gets back to me.
CWG

Old 02-16-2004, 07:35 PM
Range Rover

I haven't been to 611 yet,I was wondering wht the parking and police situation was like.I heard people have been riding there,but nobody I knew.

Outracing,When the weather breaks a bit you'll have to let me know when your going.I've lived in Elyria for 3 years and still haven't been there.We used to ride the 611 trails on the other side of Rt90(across from BJ's).But Kimball hill homes bought all of that property.There was a nice little Mx trak out there.

We do alot of rides at Maumee,Bayview,Wayne,Elson St and small spots.

Old 02-16-2004, 07:36 PM
Range Rover

You know, In Amherst, I don't know if you know where Jamies flee market is, but there are some train tracks on state rt 113 that are no longer used. Right next to them there is a water line that is supposed to run all they way to avon lake. I don't know that for sure, you see, I can only ride from 113 to the turn pike, after that, you can see the trail keeps going, just the turnpike keeps getting in the way lol. If you want to do that, there is one more option for you. That is kind of a boring ride though, it is just a road that you just fly down. But last time I was out there, there were 2 monster trucks, and lots of quads too.

Old 02-16-2004, 07:44 PM
CWG
Pro Rider

For me the biggest hassle is my trailer. Sort of Capt. Obvious to park a dirt trailer next to a spot for ATV's!
I know where Jamies flea market is. Theres tons of spots that locals know about but dont let get out too often, then they get shutdown due to some knucklehead getting hurt or out of control. We used to ride in the FLATS!!! Dirt bikes back in the early 80s, down in whiskey island. Great fun, hills and hills and hills of gravel, we saw cops, train cops and workers, as long as we didnt get stupid and get in the way they never messed with us. It was a blast, we'd watch freighers come in, then ride more. Cops would wave at us if we waved first....ah, good times, good times....
Rumor was someone got hurt and sued the RR for something like "not making it harder to access"...pffffft......Sure enough gates and guards all over the next summer.
Well, the search continues. there must be a sweet free fun spot for us Northerners within an hour or so of home.
I saw out by Sandusky a whole pack of atv's running last fall. Must have been 9 or 10 screwing around in a field near the bridge on the way out to put-in-bay. About 6 trucks way back, guessing where they parked.

Old 02-16-2004, 08:29 PM
Range Rover

Wow, sounds like you really know how to have fun! If you go to the dumps, I promice that you will have fun, and as long as you don't be stupid, no one will mess with you. I can't say that I have ever ridden in the '80's but my dad is full of stories like that. I really wish we didn't have so many loyers in the world today!

Old 02-17-2004, 08:13 AM
CWG
Pro Rider

The myth dispelled. Heres the reply I got from my old bud in Avon- he's a seargent on the police force there. He asked, but didnt have to, he already knew

"No ATVs are not allowed to run free as some think. You need written permission from the property owner. The power line tower trails are private property. We arrest people all the time for trespassing. Even had to tow a few ATV's. What a hassle chasing them down. If you come down, call first, I'll make sure you only get a ticket, tell the officer you know me."

So, I wont be checking out Avon anytime soon[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Jeeesh...
The search continues.

Old 02-17-2004, 07:18 PM
Range Rover

Sorry that didn't pan out for you. There is still the dumps in lorain, and the pipe line in south amherst. Neither are very big. The dumps are the bigger of the two. Let me know if you want more specific directions

Quick Reply: Anywhere to ride around Avon Lake, Ohio???