Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Missouri Spring Ride

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2003, 09:02 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Missouri Spring Ride

Planning a ride April 5th and 6th at St Joe State Park.If anyone is interested to join us you are more than welcome.

Old 01-16-2003, 09:30 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds good to me, should have 5 to 10 of us going. Thinking of bringing my yz250 and run it on the track. It beat the crap outta me on my quad.

Old 01-17-2003, 03:44 PM
Range Rover
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HEY, I want to go! April 5th is my birthday and it sounds like a good way to celibrate it. I'm dying to travle with my quads this year. Give me as much info on it as you can.
Range Rover: where around KC do you ride?

Old 01-17-2003, 11:07 PM
Pro Rider

We ride at Deep Water alot, lately we've been going to Finger Lakes. I also have some lake property up north that we ride at, nothing special but its paid for and close to home. So far we also have a trip planned for Keystone Lake and Disney Lake in Oklahoma in June. Just waiting to see if everyone can get the week off. I've also heard of some trails up north somewhere around St.Joe, not sure if they are there or not, but heard a few rumors about them.

Old 01-17-2003, 11:59 PM
Range Rover
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont know about St.Joe but I ride at Lake Perry about twice a week. It's a blast but I'ts starting to get old. I've heard of Finger Lakes but I havent been. I think thats my next saterday trip I take. If you could give me some info on it I would be grateful.
I am planing a dune trip sometime this year, probably Little Sahara. Not sure yet though, never been to the dunes.

Also whats Deep Water? Never heard of that.
Havent you ever been to Lake Perry? I thought everyone around here has been thier. Its an hour and ten minutes from the Grandview Triangle. Its pretty hard, you defenatly have to know how to ride good there.

Old 01-18-2003, 09:30 PM
Pro Rider

Lake Perry, no I haven't been there a friend of mine has and he said that it kind of sucked. But he's kind of a wuss too. Finger Lakes is down I-70 to Columbia, pretty nice place to ride, and they have a mx track there too. Deep Water is down south, take 291 to harrisonville and turn left on the highway (i forgot thew name of it) then take it to 7 hwy and it takes you straight to deep water missouri. go over the 2nd big bridge over the lake and you'll see a rock road on the left that says off road riding area, go down that road to the parking lots and ride. There are alot of trails, hills, and when it rains mud.

Old 01-20-2003, 05:44 PM
Pro Rider

April 4th-5th sounds good. My birthday is april 1st so that will be great. I wanted to go last year but never made it. I look forward to seeing pudjumper's quads as well as THEBOM's DS. I also want to see Darren420's clean banshee run.
If you are going to make definite plans, let me know. I work until noon on saturdays and I go to church on sundays. It is about an hour and a half drive for me to get there. I can be there between 1-2 o'clock.

Old 01-20-2003, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider

Bayou- I've been wanting to try out St. Joe. A couple of years ago, Dirtwheels had an article about the top 10 places in America to ride, and that was one of them. If you've been there before, what kind of machine are the trail suited for. 4x4's or sport quads? Sand, dirt, or mud? Just curious what to bring and how to dress.

Fendercover- Have you been to Keystone Lake before? It is a pretty small area. Don't know if it would be worth your trip if you have local trails to ride. There are lots of trails in the Missouri area with Chadwick and St. Joe. They are supposed to be endless riding.

If I don't make it to St. Joe, let us know how it was.

Old 01-21-2003, 01:10 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah I've been to Key Stone many times, now are you talking about App. Bay or riding at the dam at Key Stone. I've been to both App. Bay is decent size, I think it 600 acres or something like that. The dam is also a bald eagle reservation, so you cant ride there during october thru jan or something like that. I've also been to Disney Ok., its small and you have to watch out for jeeps in the trails. If you cone across water you dont go thru it cause the jeeps dig the holes DEEP!!
As soon as I get rid of my yz 250 I want to take a trip to LS and try the dunes. I like my bike but I like quads better.

The trails at Finger Lake are good for 4x4's sport quads, there is a decent mx track for bikes, it'll beat the hell outta you on a quad, but its still fun. There are steep hills to climb, mud pits, and lots of trails. You just have to watch the signs, see there is also a sewage area there and if you miss the signs and happen to go and get your self stuck, well let me just say noone wanted to be my friend that day. Other that that its about the same as deep water in my opinion. But I did have the kids with me and didn't get to go all over like I wanted, gonna leave the kids at home on the 5th.

Old 01-25-2003, 05:45 PM
Trailblazer

Hey fendercover, isn't St. Joe St. Park different than Finger Lakes? Finger Lakes is in Columbia Mo. St. Joe is outside of St Louis I think.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Missouri Spring Ride