Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Oklahoma trails

Old 01-21-2003, 12:37 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Oklahoma trails

Havent seen Oklahoma as a topic lately, so I decided to start one again. We ride in the San Bois Mountain range. It goes from Wilburton to Poteau. LOTS of excellent trails with creeks and rocks. If anyone is interested let me know. You dont have to have 4wd, but it absolutely helps and is a plus.

Old 01-22-2003, 11:19 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oklahoma trails

WE RIDE KEY STONE LAKE AND LITTLE SAHARA AND PRAGUE LAKE AWAYS LOOKING FOR MORE PLACES AND FRINDS TO RIDE WITH PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO GET TO THIS PLACE YOU CAN EMAIL ME AT RANDY1CRAWFORD@PRODIGY.NET

Old 01-23-2003, 01:47 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Oklahoma trails

I live in Hot Springs Arkansas....Moved here from Oklahoma...I worked around Idabel and McAlester...contact me and maybe we can do a ride in Oklahoma or here...Yamaha 660 Griz is my ride.

Old 01-23-2003, 09:48 AM
Pro Rider
Default Oklahoma trails

607607, I emailed you. Hunts1 how often do you ride? Thats a pretty long trip for you to come down isnt it? If you want to come let me know. We welcome anyone who wants to ride! We will take you up on coming over there to ride. I have been around Clarksville (I think) a couple of years ago, but have not been back. We go every weekend so let me know. David

Old 01-23-2003, 11:22 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Oklahoma trails

Poteau would be about 2 hours from me. I would drive that far to meet yall. It is about 3 hours to McAlester. Me and my wife would love to do a trail ride with you. I didnt get a email from ya. Jack

Old 01-23-2003, 02:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default Oklahoma trails

Jack, email me at sooners2good@***.net - I can give you specifics. David

Old 01-24-2003, 06:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default Oklahoma trails

I might join you guys for a ride sometime if you set a date. Otherwise, please post driving directions to a good trail head and parking area. Sounds like fun! My dad lives in Wagoner and we have friends at Tenkiller, so we get up there sometimes.

Old 01-28-2003, 10:19 AM
Pro Rider
Default Oklahoma trails

I know its kind of late notice, but I think we have a group going this Sunday Feb. 2. If you are interested, email me -sooners2good@***.net

Old 01-29-2003, 11:24 PM
Trailblazer
Default Oklahoma trails

Hey Okiedude:

Please tell me more about San Bois Mountain Range. I'm in Jenks and would love to hear more. I've been riding Appalachia Bay @ Keystone, but that's getting too familiar.

I heard a few years ago that Public Service Company, now American Electric Power, had right-of-ways in select locations that could be riden. They didn't advertise or encourage, but would not run you off if you were not doing stupid stuff. Has anyone heard of this?

Old 01-30-2003, 12:13 AM
Pro Rider
Default Oklahoma trails

Well..........here goes- They span from Wilburton to Poteau. There is a new hwy(82) that splits the mountain range. We call it either the "west" side or "east" side. We ride on the east usually. We are told that there are 14,000 acres on the east and 90,000 on the west. It is owned by Wauhauser(sp) out of Arkansas. Miles and miles of trails. Old cabins(still in use during hunting season), creeks, hills, mountains and anything else that comes along with trailriding.....except deep mud [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] ! We go usually every weekend and some people showed interest, so we are trying to go this Sunday. Email me if you need more info or are interested. David

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Oklahoma trails