Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

minnesota atv trials

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2003 | 08:12 PM
Pro Rider
Default minnesota atv trials

MacDale, Predator and Canibal? I think I've seen you driving away from Tri County one day just as I was arriving!

Let me know what you think. I bring a wide variety of riders (from young to...err...not so young) so safety is a concern of mine as well.

Old 02-01-2003 | 12:41 AM
Trailblazer

thanks for the info on the pit, will be going next weekend, hope to meet some of you guys there.
i will be on a 03 450 kodiak camo,

Old 02-01-2003 | 12:51 AM
Trailblazer

I am sure that was me and my buddy. Red cannibal, silver predator on a double snowmobile trailer. White SUV. Go there once in a while.
I like going places and seeing and meeting other riders.

Looks like the weather will be 35 degrees. Little cloudy but no rain or snow. Hopefully that hold up. It will be a nice day of riding. We will try to get there around noon. If we can not find it we will go to Tri-county. Hopefully see some of you there.

Old 02-03-2003 | 06:22 PM
Trailblazer

Couldn't ask for better weather in february for riding. Like I said earlier I was going riding saturday. I first went to Tri-county, and rode for little over an hour. Found Bauer pit. A younger guy was having people sign in. It now costs $10 to ride all day per machine. Worth it though. 110 acres of free riding. Next time I am going to see if we can bring a skid loader in there and make a few nice table tops.

A couple of crazy guys had snowmobiles out there riding in the sand!

Old 02-06-2003 | 01:33 PM
Range Rover

Hi, I live in AR. in the winter, but spend my summers up in MN. I live north of Akeley by Hi # 64. There is the Paul Bunyan state forest that you can ride in. They just open a new 40+ mile trail, plus there is a lot of other trails and logging roads to ride on. Beautiful country up there. They also have a camp grounds in the state forest and charge only $9.oo a night. Also there is many other places to ride up there including Chippewa Nat'l Forest. You can get more information on MN. trails by getting in contact with the MN. DNR or MN. dept of Tourisim. I sent in a few years ago for AVT trail information and got a list of the trails for the whole state, a real nice package. Unfortunately the address is up in MN. now. You can also scearch the internet for the addresses. I hope this helps, Lot's of luck and good riding.

NUBBIN

Old 02-06-2003 | 05:46 PM
Pro Rider

Nubbin, my grandparents are from Akeley! Small world, but I wouldn't want to paint it!

Do you know where I can get a decent map of the trails in Paul Bunyan state forest? I rode there using a map I got at Bunyan's (the gas station) but it was next to useless.

Old 02-07-2003 | 01:11 PM
Range Rover

Hi, I found this number for you. 1-888-minndnr and ask for state atv trails map and you can ask for rmv trail map. Also if you want any state forest maps. Good luck.

NUBBIN

Old 02-07-2003 | 01:58 PM
Range Rover

Hi Pechmial, I did a little checking around this morning and came up with this.
E-mail--- www.dnr.state.mn.us Go to maps and airphotos then recreational motor vehicle trails.

You can also call the DNR office at 1-888-minndnr I called them and they are sending me out a atv map and also a map of Paul Bunyan state forest. I asked him if they had a up dated map of the new trail. He said that the state just got done updating all their maps. We shall see. You can get a map of Hubbard county that might help. I see on one of your other post that you might get a dirt bike. Ask also for a rmv map, that also have dirt bike trails on it. I sold my atv's a couple of years ago and got into motorcycles. I have a road bike but I miss atving and plan on picking one up when I get back to MN. The maps I use back then were out dated. I did meet a couple on atv's that had a snowmobile map that seem a hell of a lot better then the maps that I was using. I buy my fishing bait at Bunyan's and seen their map, I was not impressed. Back when I was riding they were not enforcing the riding double law. Are they now?
I am retired and live on Lake Kabekona, right across the road from the state forest in the summer time. Having a hard time deciding what kind of 4 wheeler I want to get. Too many nice machines out there. My old body is wearing out and am thinking of getting something light. That Suzuki Ozark sounds like it might be fun. Well I hope the info I gave you helps.

NUBBIN

Old 02-21-2003 | 09:07 PM
Pro Rider

This should answer a lot of questions ... I live just a few miles from there. Great area!

Brian

Link to Bauer's Pit Pics and Info

Old 02-21-2003 | 09:47 PM
Pro Rider

I knew about the DNR link, but thank you for your efforts anyway. I'm actually on the forums there under another name.

In Minnesota it's legal to ride 2-up providing the passenger is under 16 and is wearing a helmet. I don't think they check anyway. Starting this summer kids from 12-15 can ride ATV's larger than 90cc's providing they pass a safety course (which only makes sense).

I'll have to check out Bauer pit the next time I go to Tri County. It looks like fun, maybe I can even take the Amigo (tow vehicle) in for a little spin.

Quick Reply: minnesota atv trials