Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

minnesota atv trials

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2003 | 02:12 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default minnesota atv trials

I am new to atv riding and trying to find out if their is a map or a phone # to call to get a listing and or a map of state trials in MN.
Really have no idea of where to start.

Thanks for any replies.

2001-scrambler 500

Old 01-21-2003 | 03:11 PM
Pro Rider

well I dont know about any maps but I can tell you some pretty good trails and riding areas, if yall ever want to go riding tell us and we can setup a ride! have you been to the iron range OHV park yet??

Old 01-21-2003 | 07:52 PM
Pro Rider

DNR Trails listing (with some maps)

Tri-County ATV park isn't far from where you say Boyer Pit is and it's free. Don't know how it compares to Boyer, though, as I've never been there.

Old 01-23-2003 | 02:18 PM
Pro Rider

Bartlett,

Are you talking about Bauer's Pit. Atleast that's what I've heard it called. Never been there, but I have been to the tri-county pit before. I'm hoping to get into a new sport machine this spring, any suggestions? It looks like your racing team has quite the aresenal.

Old 01-24-2003 | 06:49 PM
Pro Rider

I went to try county and its free. NO fees required. Its kinda boring, I was board in about 1 hour...

Old 01-24-2003 | 10:36 PM
Trailblazer

I have ridden at Tri county quite a few times. It is a lot funner with other people there. There is a trail around the whole pit. A lot of steep up hill climbs. A small table top. There is a lot of rocks on the pit floor. Make sure you have skidplates. It is not that big. I have heard about those pits near Northfield. I will try to find them this spring.

As for trail in Southern MN, the only one is near Winona and it is pretty small.

Old 01-25-2003 | 01:12 AM
Pro Rider

Tri County is great if you have a lot of people and not so many quads. It's easy to take turns there. The fire pit and pavilion (shelter?) are nice too.

But I too, grow tired of riding there after a short time. Still, it's somewhere to ride until the trails open. I'm sure I will like Tri county (and places like it) more when I can get some sport machines.

Old 01-25-2003 | 06:42 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Frank I live north of metro. We have lots of trails in st croix state forest, nemadji state forest, the gandy dancer trail, and this will get you on about 200 miles of trails in wis. we ride there alot and up at iron river wis in the big state forest up there. But only problem most trails dont open till april first. but gandy dancer open year round. I got a state wide map from my dmv , and some forest maps at larson cycle in cambridge. But you can check out the dnr web site also. You could also join your local club adn the atvam.Have fun riding

Old 01-26-2003 | 03:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

My wife,son,and I are looking for trails in the Minnesota,Iowa area. I'm interested in more info from the south-east,south-central,and south-west regions of Mn. Anyone have any tips on trails,riding areas in these locations? Thanks Joe
1-641-******* <------ not a good idea joe

Old 01-26-2003 | 09:26 PM
Trailblazer

hey yamaha joe i got two maps in rochester area.both are iin richard j dorer memorial hardwood state forest. one is trout vally mangagement unit, other is snake creek management unit. only problem is they are only open may1 -nov 1. well i hope this can help you with your quest to ride.

Quick Reply: minnesota atv trials