Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Who's Ready for St. Joe Saturday and Sunday?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2003, 09:51 PM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who's Ready for St. Joe Saturday and Sunday?

Next weekend huh? What Stage should I Bring? j/k I need to do some testing my self. I'll see if I can get away. I'm looking for 50+ degree days. I think we need to plan a St. Joes Wars ,like Daren said. You know the DS get 3 spots for being school buses. I also think any thing with 2 cylinders should give spots to school buses.

Give me some time,I sure I can think of some more. LOL

J Ross

Old 02-01-2003, 12:50 AM
Pro Rider

Jeff,

As you know, there is No replacement for displacement. Therefore:

I suggest an agreement that would require Jeff "TheBom" Ross to give everyone else a headstart determined by a certain number of spots. I'm sure Jason will second it, so all in favor?! Jeff, oh buddy, oh pal, motion carried! You are now required to give us the spots.

And, if you decide to utilize the school bus handicap, then you must display flashing red lights and a stop sign that protrudes off the left side of the quad. I guess you'll also need some black racing stripes down the side just as the busses do and you could display "Piedmont, MO" on it so we know what district the "bus" came from.

By the way, how many spots do we get since you have so many more cc's? For me, I'm giving up anywhere from 246cc (650-404) to lets see (760+NOS-404) = (356+NOS) = at least 600 divided by 2 smoke then divided by 2 cylinders = ??? That works out so that I should be entitled to at least another 150cc's or how about 1 spot for every 20cc's difference. Let's see, that would be over 7 bike lengths. Yeah, that should help! How bout it Jeff? Wait a minute, you have the wheely bar, have to dock you another 2 spots. Up to 9, I might have a chance now! LOL!!

Jason, you said "Ross is going down," so do you and the Raptor intend to eliminate him this year? Or would you rather sponsor my Banshee? If you would like, we could put "Rossgoindown Race Team," in Yamaha Blue of course, on the bike. You're call. (I must have lost my mind!)

And if 'pud don't slow that Pooplaris down, I don't know what I'm gonna have to do. Jay, you better watch out cuz my wife would probably rather sabotage your bike, than for me to do any more to the Banshee. j/k

I hope you guys at least change the colors of your bikes. I'm getting tired of being beat and surrounded by yellow! How about white? Let's see more white in front of the pack. White bikes are now hereby entitled to two additional spots for being the underdog. And since my Banshee will reach its fifth Birthday this year, I'm entitled to an extra 2 spots. Any Questions? Or any other suggestions?

Sincerely,

Daren

P.S. Hope to get out there next weekend, since I won't likely be making it this weekend.
P.P.S. Since you can tell that I'm dilerious, I will now go to bed (4 am).

Old 02-01-2003, 09:20 AM
Trailblazer

I going to put the quads on the trailer as so as I post this. Hour and one half later and I will be there spinning and grinning,roll on!!!!!

Old 02-02-2003, 12:48 AM
Pro Rider

Daren your already kicking all our butts. There is no need for you to do anymore mods so just knock it off..hehe. I finally got the EX out and running today. No leaks..hip hip hurray. I'm gonna need a longer swingarm for I can't keep the wheels on the ground. After riding the auto for so long it's going to take some time getting use to shifting again. I can actually do some riding now (not all dragging), which I've missed for a long time.

Jay

Old 02-02-2003, 07:37 PM
Pro Rider

Darren, I am giving up 50cc's to you so that intitles me to 2.5 lengths. I will pull my white plastic off of the TT bike and put it on my other banshee. So your 9 over Jeff+ 2.5 for less displacement+ 2 for being white= 13.5 lengths in front of the DS. Probably still won't be enough. I'll just come watch.

Old 02-02-2003, 11:57 PM
Pro Rider

Alky,

That's funny. You come play but I'll have to subtract your 2.5 lengths because you are younger than me and then I'll have to subtract another 2 lengths for your racing experience. That gives you only 9.5 lengths in front of the DS and starting 2 lengths behind me. We will only race "TheBom" to the 100 yd mark. Then it will be fair. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I will be home all day tomorrow and should be home Tuesday evening. I'll be back on call (work) Wednesday @ 0001. So if you get time, get a hold of me.

And today, I ended up being off work and headed to St Joe for a few hours. I only went because a new friend of mine is getting into 4-wheelers. I was going to meet him and another of his friends up there, however they did not end up going. But, I do have the Sunday report;

Beautiful day, parking lot was full. I had to circle the lot 2 times to find a place to park. I would estimate anywhere from 500-600 people. Probably the most I have ever seen there. I did not see much drag racing in front of the parking lot. Good thing. Someone was being tended to by an ambulance crew where we normally start draggin on the right hand side of the lot.

I had the opportunity to ride Pud's 465 ex. It is what each and every 400ex should be. I was impressed and hope that Honda someday releases something like this. It would probably be one of the most fun bikes one could have.

Now, the drag racing in the back of the park. It was pretty much the usual. Raptors, 400's (including Jay's 465), a couple Banshees, and occasionally a dirt bike. NO DS's. Kinda liked it that way! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Just kidding Jeff. Now this is when the fun starts. I was in the parking lot talking with my wife and my dad who also decided to go out and enjoy the weather. Anyways, I notice this Banshee a couple of aisles over. CPI in-frame drag pipes. I point them out to the wife and we walked over and looked at it. I noticed some other things as I was sizing it up. Welded up aftermarket intakes, different reed cage, I think V-Force, 35 mm PWK carbs, and the head had been repainted indicating that something had been done there too. It had the stock swingarm which had been lengthened 6 inches and was running Haulers. So I asked "Who did the swingarm." He said "It's 6 over." I said "Yeah, but who did it? He said "It's 6 over!" He was very unfriendly and a more accurate description was smartaleck (sp?). He asked me if I had a bike and wanted to run it. Once again, smartaleck. I said sure, but I need to change my tires back to paddles.

So I did just that. I changed tires and headed to the back. Raced, raced, raced. Never saw him. I come back toward the parking lot and there is the bike. So I was trying to see if he was ready to race. He pulls up next to me and says "You think you want some?" So we head towards the back of the park. I noticed that when he took off he looked like he had never ridden a clutch before. We got back there and it wasn't a race. He couldn't ride it. So I head back to the parking lot and this other guy flags me down and tells me that I haven't raced him yet (owner of the bike). It had been his friend riding it. So I gas up and head back there again. Waited and waited. Didn't see him. So, for the 3rd time I head back to the parking lot and finally see him up front. So he says something along the lines of "do you want to run or not." I said let's go in the back. So the real racing starts. He's complaining of having problems keeping the front end down with his +6. I'm running a stock length swingarm so I don't have much sympathy. Finally we got some good runs down and although his bike was quick off the line, it didn't have enough. Since he and his friends had such attitudes, I decided to tell him how his friend asked me "If I wanted some," and that he could go tell his friend that "I got me some!" I continued to tell him that he may want to tell his fellow boys to settle down a little as he and I are not anywhere near the fastest guys or bikes to shred the sand in the area. Sorry if I sound a little harsh, but with their attitudes I had to speak what I thought.

Jeff, you & Faron should have been there. Especially since I know that Faron hates Banshees! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] And Pud, you should have brought down the Pol and put that Banshee on the trailer with that Bad Sport. Anyways, this is my report.

Good day.

Daren

Old 02-03-2003, 12:32 AM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!

Daren ,glad to see that you are taking care of business as usual. I'm glad Faron wasn't there , It could have gotten ugly. Them kind of people run their mouths faster than there bikes. I knew this would be a good week end. I also love it when they ask for it. LOL I wonder how he would have felt about getting beat by a 4 stroke or better yet my wife. I am planning on going next Sat. I just hope the weather holds out. I got some of the guys that hang out over at Pauls Cycles planning on coming up.

So how bad was you beating them? 1 ,2 bikes or were they about like my LT250. I hate it when I miss a race. I'll be wound up all night now. I guess You was the one to beat today. You have to watch Pud though ,one mistake and he's gone.

And on the spots!!!! I'm older so that means that I'm slower. I should get a least 1 spot for each year.

I'm 41 start figuring. LOL

The guy with the long swing arm Banshee should remember, Be careful for what you ask for you might get it. I LOVE IT!!!!

J Ross

Old 02-03-2003, 12:44 AM
Pro Rider

Ok, I'll give you you're 13 spots, and then I'll take 15 back since I have a 7 month old baby and cannot concentrate on racing. Yields me 2 additional spots.

Seriously though, if he got me out of the hole, I could drive around him and have 3-4 bikes. If I got him off the line, it was pretty bad. I would never have run my mouth like they did. It was bad for them and for me. It brought out that mean racer blood in me. I just wish I would have been packing more horsepower to spank him worse than I did.

I'll keep this weekend in mind, but it probably won't be looking good for work. The only job that I can hold now is one of those that will work me every day. I might request a day off, but since I have to be off Mon & Tues for a minor surgery, I may not. Just have to wait and see. My new motor, I mean my new gaskets might be here. Just kidding.

By the way, it sounds like the Raptor is up and running again. How is it going? What about all of the other projects?

Daren

Old 02-03-2003, 01:45 AM
Pro Rider

Jeff..you would have had a blast. It was the largest crowd I've ever seen at St. Joe. We got there around 10 am and the line to get in was backed up about a 1/4 mi out on the state highway. I got a chance to ride some trails that I've not done in over a year. I got real muddy to..hehe. The 465 ran flawless this weekend...knock on wood. I did have the opportunity to race a couple of piped Predators and they both went down. Daren as usual, was the top dog. CPI Banshee guy ran pretty good to when he could keep the front end down. CPI guy looked to be set up more for duning than dragging. I was wondering if we were going to see a old fashion squaring off. I like you Daren, can't stand mouthy punks, but the best thing about it was Daren put him in his place numerous times. CPI guy would have been totally ticked off if the Bomb, Raptor or the Pol would have put the hurt on him. I think we will get a shot at CPI guy sometime. Put me down for 3 spot for owning a Pol and being a fat old guy. We are only racing 100'...right?

Jay

Old 02-03-2003, 10:14 AM
Pro Rider

Well guys, I must be suffering from a pre-mid-life chrisis. I have even been considering retiring the Banshee and getting rid of it all. Seriously. I never thought that I would say that.

So, if I do race, then I should get an extra 5 spots to help ensure that I have fun competing and then maybe I'll keep riding and racing.

Jay, congrats on assemblying your 465 and doing it right. Maybe you should take the Sport to the guy who first built the 465. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Daren

Quick Reply: Who's Ready for St. Joe Saturday and Sunday?