Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Ride in Quebec

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2003, 01:23 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ride in Quebec

Hi chris hatfield mccoy have not been there myself I would imagine it's 4x4 trails.You say you drive sportbikes ie:raptors,banshee,bombds 650 honda 400ex this type.I ride my grizz pretty sporty to but there is a banshee or two not far.Now our trails we have sand we have mud,water,rock,snow would I drive 10hrs to drive in someone elses sand pit no I would not.Our trail system is pretty much family orientainted.There are bikes with trailers with kids in them there are seniors and there are sport bikes.No one is out there flying around there are sections of trail that allow higher speeds (wider trail,long straights.You may drive a little more aggressive at night and in the winter but you never know whats around the corner moose,deer, ouch.We could ride half a day to a pit in the bush spend 3-4hrs in pit and ride out after on trails.Large pit with accsess to trails great hill climbs but again 8-19hrs to play in someone elses pit.If you came to enjoy the scenerie and drive the trails then I think it's worth it.If you want more info let me know.This should show ya that at least I am honest.Later Andy

Old 02-09-2003, 07:06 PM
Trailblazer
Default Ride in Quebec

Thanks Andy for the advise. What we are looking for is a nice scenic place to ride so that we can see the country side. Usually we do 50 to 100 mile rides here in NY every week and we heard how beautiful the country is in Canada. That is why we would like to come up. We want to meet some new people and make this a yearly trip. Even though we do have sport machines we don't ride very hard most of the time. The problem we had with Hatfield was that the trails consist of sofball size rocks and we rode in 1st to 3 rd gear all day.

Chris

Old 02-09-2003, 08:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Ride in Quebec

No problem Chris sounds like we have what you want.Drop me an e-mail we can set somthing up.You need mirror.brake light and speedo.and insurance to get your trail passes.

Old 02-10-2003, 08:23 AM
Trailblazer
Default Ride in Quebec

Quebecgrizz,
I'm back at work this AM and noticed that you did e-mail me at home as I requested. I worked all weekend on my Son's house and did not get a chance to read my e-mail. I'll try to early this week and get back to you. Thanks for the reply--I'll be in touch. Fran

Old 02-10-2003, 10:25 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Ride in Quebec

Allright then Fran Ithought that maybe the e-mail address was wrong that's all.Hope that you finish your son's house soon so you can ride a bit more.Have a great day Andy.

Old 02-14-2003, 06:50 AM
Trailblazer
Default Ride in Quebec

Hi QGriz,
I by no means mean this as an insult and this might just be urban ledgend but I have heard stories of people going to Canada to ride either atv's or sleds and having their entire rigs; trucks and trailers stolen either from the hotel or the trailhead. Our club would love to come and ride the trails in Canada because NY takes our money and gives back nothing. Can you enlighten me as to where would be a good place to stay if you like you can e-mail me back at atvpilot2003@yahoo.com Thanks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 02-14-2003, 06:56 AM
Trailblazer
Default Ride in Quebec

Hey Grizz what is the name of your trail guide company, Our club has been talking about road trips this summer, if you can e-mail some info that I can bring to the next club meeting that would be great. Thanks again[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-14-2003, 08:31 AM
Trailblazer
Default Ride in Quebec

Hi atvpilot,
Where are you in NY?
I've been on many ATV rides in Quebec and haven't had a problem yet. I have heard the same stories about missing rigs but none of the rides I've been on had any problem. I've been on rides near Quebec City, Sherbrooke, Montreal and others. The ride near Quebec City was a weekend ride and we stayed in a motel in the city. The only problem I've run into is riding in Quebec is the rides are addictive and you have to go back.
By the way I've rode with quebecgrizz and he is an excellent guide. Just can't wait to get over this cold snap and I'll be back for more rides in Quebec with quebecgrizz.

Old 02-14-2003, 04:56 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Ride in Quebec

atvpilot I will get back to you on sunday I apoligise for the delay.

Old 02-15-2003, 06:54 AM
Trailblazer
Default Ride in Quebec

No problem will be looking forward to hearing from ya[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ride in Quebec