Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Ride in Quebec

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2003, 11:03 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ride in Quebec

Hi folks new around here but would like to say hi and let you all know if you ever want to ride some of Quebecs vast trail system let me know.I will try to answer any of your questions for you.Do not let the language barrier scare you of we have some of the best trails going all trails are club maintained and all machines have to have passes and insurance.Hope to see some of you come and visit our system of trails soon I will have a web page up with lots of pics of our trails.Average trail ride about 200km and longer you could go for a couple of days camping and biking.Once again I would like to say come on up.

Old 02-05-2003, 08:11 AM
Trailblazer
Default Ride in Quebec

I have to agree. Some of the best riding I found. The trails are great, the people are excelent and the country is beautiful. A little bonus the US dollar goes further with the exchange. Just don't forget your camera. Here is a link to pics of Feb. 1st ride in Quebec, just west of the island of Montreal.

http://photos.yahoo.com/betterdays2u

Old 02-05-2003, 09:19 AM
Pro Rider
Default Ride in Quebec

Quebecgrizz;

Could I pick your brain a bit? With that many primo trails and the long drive most of us have to get there; what trails are head and shoulders above the rest?

I guess if I'm going to drive that far to get there; I might as well drive further up into the bush and do it right.

My second question would be if any of these even 'more' scenic trails have a two day loop with accomodations on both ends (although I'd just as soon see two 'five star' trails and travel to each one; as see a 'three star' trail just for the accomodations).

I'm sure I'd be pleased with hitting the closest trail to Detroit (by the way, how many hours?) yet it seems stupid to make that kind of commitment and hear about a better area later.

Hopefully we're on the same page and thanks for your reply in advance.

John

Old 02-05-2003, 11:14 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Ride in Quebec

Hi it's tuff because they are all great there is no benifit to trailering further north because getting there by trail is very nice also .An hour trailering north takes about 11/2hr by atv. As far as accomadations are concerned I would be able to look after that no problems.The trail is about 51/2hrs from toronto how long for you to get to toronto?Got to go but if you want more specifics like dates and locations here is my e-mail muskyhunter02@sympatico.ca.Did you check out some of krabidKVF650 pictures nice.

Old 02-05-2003, 09:37 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Ride in Quebec

sorry I had a funeral to go to.You could stay anywhere in montreal and trailer to numerous starting points with 5 star trails.In the winter time most of our clubs join as we can use agriculture land in the summer time not all our clubs join .But there are numerous clubs whitin 1 hr of montreal that have average trails between 200km and more we have one club within 1hr20min of montreal 2000sq km of trail.Of course if you came up I would locate you somewhere central to trailering starting points.Or just load the bikes up for two or three days of camping.We are pretty flexible up here.Hope some of this helps you or any one else looking to come up to quebec.And do not forget your dollar is worth $1.50 + up here.Glad to help .Andy

Old 02-06-2003, 07:26 AM
Pro Rider
Default Ride in Quebec

Andy,

Thanks a bunch for taking the time to respond. There is an article also in one of the current atv mags (ATV Magazine?) that also explains further.

Very generous of you to offer further help and will take you up on it when we get over that way.

John

Old 02-06-2003, 08:44 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Ride in Quebec

It is my pleasure and my job as I run a guide service here for our trail system.There are some nice trails north of ottawa also.Everybody that have taken tours with me has always said to me now how will you impress us tomorrow and sure enough new day new trail and customer is happy again.Iguess I am lucky to live here and have a great club system of trails.Any time you have questions do not be shy to ask.I run a small outfit and the object is to show off our system of trails and ride with good people.I enjoy this kind of work and most people are always sad to leave but cannot wait to com back.And you cannot beat the price's especially with your dollar so much more $1.50+. 1-4 atv $250cdn 4-6 $350cdn all 8-12hr rides.You take care now Blackballed and ride safe.

Old 02-06-2003, 02:48 PM
Trailblazer
Default Ride in Quebec

Quebecgrizz,
Our ATV club offered a Canada Adventure last Sept and we rented ATVs and a guide. We rode from St Adolphe D'Howard for 2 days and had a great time. I just came back from that area with my sled and spent the 2 days riding West of that area. The terrain in that area is perfect for ATVing and we've planned another trip Sept 2003. We're also leaning towards bringing our own ATVs and an additional trip next Winter. I have reserved our motel in Ste Agathe Des Months for Sept 2003, but have not made any arrangements with a guide--so we're open to your ideas. I also thought about contacting the club in the area to see if there's interest in some of their folks riding our Mass trails while providing my members some Canadian opportunities. My French is limited, but I've seen enough of Quebec to know that I need to see more. You can e-mail me at mlc@capital.net to discuss further. Fran

Old 02-07-2003, 07:43 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Ride in Quebec

Did you recieve your e-mail.Andy

Old 02-08-2003, 05:20 PM
Trailblazer
Default Ride in Quebec

We are planning on taking a trip to Canada leaving June 27th. We have heard alot abbut the great system that is up in Canada. We live in Central NY about 3 hours south of the Canadian border. I think Montreal is about 5 hours from us and we wanted to ride somewher e around that area. Can you please give me a break down of the atmospher of the trails? Are there seasonal roads, sandy areas trails? We all have sprot machines and we wan to be organized whe nwe get there and what to expect. WeE don't mind traveling within a 10 or 12 hour period but the riding has got be good. We went to the so called great trail system down in Hafield McCoy and were not imprssed at all. Riding in NY is far superior. No comparison. Please be honest.

Chris

Chris

Quick Reply: Ride in Quebec