Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Street Legal Quads?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2003 | 10:09 PM
Range Rover
Default Street Legal Quads?

=)
EXACTLY!

Old 05-03-2003 | 10:22 PM
|
Range Rover

I know this is off subject, but it contributes to the hippie bashing in a way. When scientist say we are warming the globe, you know what they mean?...get this 1.3 - 1.6 degrees rise in temperature every 100 years.....yea...that friggin small. And all the enviromentalist are buggin out cuz of 2 strokes.....I just hope I never see one when Im ridin, I cant stand those people.

Old 05-11-2003 | 01:35 AM
Pro Rider

Hi Guy
Lived in NY now live in NJ .NJ really stinks .i went to register my wife quad but dont have cerificate of orgin from guy I purchased it from. I purchase this 2001 recon from guy off e bay and drove to Mass to get it .He give me billl of sale and Notarized letter from NJ stating Vin ## prices and that he was transfing ownership to me. Plus I has copy of e bay auction.
So one year last I decide to register it and New jersey wil not let me unless I have the certifcate of orgin. I sopek to guy i purchased it from and told me to srive back to Mass and get registered pay taxes to Mass then tranfer over to NJ later. Any suggestion .post here or PM me
I have to get this quad registered because NJ really S&^%KS
Thanks in advance

JohnJD
Heading out to LI to visit my mother inlaws for mom day and sit in traffic on southern state and belt

GB

Old 05-11-2003 | 03:10 AM
|
Range Rover

I never even knew I had to get a transfer of ownership notice or letter. I just gave the guy a big check and got my quad. Nothing special...I think the only thing I got was a recipt signed by him...I suppose that's good enough.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 05-11-2003 | 08:56 PM
Trailblazer

who do you get in touch with to find out any thing abouty legalizin. I live in Loouisiana and I was think in yall just call the dmv or what thanks

Old 05-11-2003 | 11:22 PM
Range Rover

Call the DMV is the best bet. See were on the post they talk about buying in a street legal state then bringing to were they live in another state I could be wrong but I think to title in a state you have to have a mailing address in the state you title it in. I know i have cars titled in Arizona and Illinois but I had to have mailing adresses in both states

Old 05-12-2003 | 04:33 PM
Range Rover

Old 05-20-2003 | 10:29 PM
|
Range Rover

I know this isnt important or even relevant, but...We are workin on our Arctic Cat right now and we took the rear and side plastic off and without giving it much thought, I sat on it without the seat. Much to my dismay, it felt almost like a chopper. And on top of all that, it looked wickid without that plastic on the back. Dropping the seat would be one mod I would definately do first if I were makin one for street use. Take the seat off your own quad see how it feels...its wierd, but still comfy.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 05-21-2003 | 07:45 PM
Trailblazer

I saw something cool about West Virginia this past weekend.

There is a very extensive trail system (over 400 miles worth) called Hatfield McCoy Trail System in the western end of West Virginia. There are rules (like helmets reqd. and more) and there's a trail use fee of $100 annual for folks from outta state. But the coolest part is that several towns around these trails are ATV friendly and you can ride down off the trails and right into the center of town as long as you have a pass to the trail system and continue to obey the same rules (helmets and so on).

Now, my ATV handles like a Ford and as such, I don't really consider it qualified to ride on the roads. But if I've been out on the trail all day and come upon a town, just the idea that I can go to the local McDonnalds or whatever is very appealing to me.

If this is of interest to you, check out: www.trailsheaven.com

Old 05-21-2003 | 09:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

I THINK I CAN HELP A LITTLE, I SUCCESSFULLY LISCENSED A HOMEMADE, PURPOSE BUILT QUAD IN SOUTH FLORIDA IN 1995 AND HAVE BEEN ENJOYING IT SINCE, IT IS MY MOST CHERISHED POSESSION AND A CONTINUING OBSESSION, SEE www.demetriosdesign.net
DOS AND DON'TS:ASK IF POSSIBLE FIRST IN YOUR COUNTY, DON'T BUILD IT AND GET STUCK.CONSIDER 3 WHEEL OPTION IF FOUR IMPOSSIBLE FOR NOW, SOMEDAY YOU COULD CONVERT THAT TO FOUR AS THE LAWS CHANGE AND THEY LIKELY WILL BUT SLOWLY.BE RESPECTFUL TO OFFICIALS, YOU GET MORE BEES WITH HONEY THAN WITH VINEGARBUILD A STREET DEDICATED MACHINE, YOU CAN'T HAVE BOTH OFF-ROAD SUSPENSION AND GREAT STREET HANDLING, FOCUS IT.JUST DO ALL THE THINGS YOU'D DO TO A CAR TO MAKE IT TIGHT HANDLING LIKE WIDE TRACK, LONG WHEELBASE, REAL CAR TIRES LOW PROFILE USING ADAPTERS TO YOUR LUG PATTERN, MAKE IT LOW TO THE GROUND, SHORT SHOCK TRAVEL, SWAY BAR AND SOME OTHER TRICKS I MAY GIVE OUT LATER.......................I NEED MONEY TO KEEP DEVELOPING MY QUAD DESIGN FOR FUTURE PRODUCTION, ANYBODY WILLING TO PAY SOMETHING FOR A CONSULTANT? www.demetriosdesign.net
Be safe, be courteous to authorities, to your neighbors and we will show this country that properly set up these quads are safer than motorcycles, so why wouldn't they?

Quick Reply: Street Legal Quads?