Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Southern Cali. - Cajon Summit?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2003, 05:10 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Southern Cali. - Cajon Summit?

Anyone know how to access the riding spot off of the 15 FWY right before you get to the Cajon Summit? I've been seeing riders riding around there as i drive up to Hesperia on the 15 fwy, (to the east of the 15 fwy) am im having no luck finding the enterance, almost as if it's mocking me. The best i can describe the place is the area along side the 15 fwy (east side)where the highway splits into two sperate lanes as it climbs Cajon Pass before entering Hesperia and after hwy 138. I wanting to get my 2wd expedition in there. Thanks for any help.

-eddie

Old 03-05-2003, 06:12 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exit I-15 at the Hwy 138/Silverwood Lake exit. When you stop at the exit stop sign, look ahead and slightly to the right. Next to the onramp for I-15 north, you will see the entrance to a dirt frontage road (3N21???) that runs along next to the freeway (along the east side). Take that up about a mile or two to the staging area (there are signs). Another way to get in is drive east on 138 several miles, and there will be a big sign that says OHV staging area, at the entrance to road 3N22. Or, even easier, you can just enter at the Cleghorn exit off of the I-15, and ride up Cleghorn Rd.

Call the Forest Service Discovery Center at Big Bear, and they will send you a set of maps. The riding area at Cajon is limited to a few roads, so in general, I only ride there when I am desperate!!! But, if you like to watch trains like my son does, it is OK.

Old 03-07-2003, 09:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been there a couple of times. Theres really no riding places besides the dirt road that runs north,goes under the fwy, up a hill and ends in the south side of baldy mesa.

Before you could park there and legally follow the RR tracks over to Cleghorn. Since the fires last summer you can't do that anymore plus the RR'ds are fighting with the city of hesperia/Oak Hills to close all uncontrolled RR crossings in the area.

It's my opinion that your better off staying on I-15 and going to Stoddard Valley....Only about 20 minutes farther.

Old 03-17-2003, 11:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stoddard Valley and Johnson Valley are tops in my book. Endless desert with all varieties of riding. Summer nights in the desert?? Swear you died and gone to heaven..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]