Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

south carolina?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2003, 08:12 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default south carolina?

Text

Old 05-17-2003, 08:25 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default south carolina?

Sorry Ya'll, new at this, but, yes I agree....Wambaw was dusty untill the last 4 weeks of rain, now it is a 20 mile mudhole, biting bugs, and did I mention MUD!!!!!, lots of mud....stinky mud.

Old 05-17-2003, 12:39 PM
Range Rover
Default south carolina?

We discussed coming back when it rained, but at the end of the day, we voted against it...you tend to get a little pissed when you cant stand still for 2 seconds for fear of getting bitten by dozens of bugs at once. The day we went down there, there was only a handful of people to be seen and only one family was camping other than us. By the time 8:00 rolled around, the place was packed...and thats an understatement.

Old 05-18-2003, 06:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default south carolina?

Anyone rode any state trails this year? Have they opened yet? Any good MX or trails on private land?

Old 05-19-2003, 08:17 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default south carolina?

I went to Enoree OHV yesterday, had a blast. They cut some new trails, some pretty tight turns but good riding. Check out the site www.sctrails.com it will tell you how to get there.

Old 05-19-2003, 02:39 PM
Range Rover
Default south carolina?

Ive been to Enoree, not a bad trail, but its too short. Honostly, I think my opinions have been thrown off because the first trail I ever got to ride on was Brown Mountain, NC. I rode that trail the day after I got my four-wheeler and all the other trails have just been kinda boring. But thats just my opinion. I think the best trails are the ones you hear about by word of mouth. Especially around I-85 and Pacolet river.

Old 08-19-2003, 09:53 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default south carolina?

so over the course of several months, no one can tell me were to go riding in south carolina. We not talking New York City here, in a state this big and so much "open land" there has to be somewere i can take my bike.

Old 08-21-2003, 02:26 AM
Range Rover
Default south carolina?

well, the thing is, all the "open fields" and stuff are privately owned. Im one of the lucky few in SC. My family owns a butt load of land so i dont have to go out lookin for places to ride. But if you go around and look for trails on the side of the road, follow them. Thats what we do here. There are a ton of trails around here that are only known by the locals and they are better than some of the more well knowns ive been on. Its like I said...the best trails are the ones discovered by word of mouth. Just where exactly do you live?

Old 08-28-2003, 09:04 AM
Trailblazer
Default south carolina?

Guys I don't know where in S.C you live but in Ga. outside Augusta there is a great place called Durhamtown. Check it out www.durhamtown.com. I has everything. Just a thought. We don't have many good places to ride here.This is one of the best in the state.

Old 08-28-2003, 04:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default south carolina?

Hey teepee: Where do you currently ride? I will be relocating to the Charlotte area soon and am looking for places to ride.

Quick Reply: south carolina?