Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

south carolina?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2003, 08:48 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default south carolina?

Any good places in south carolina to ride atv's

Old 03-29-2003, 10:13 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default south carolina?

If you live in sumter check out the state trails web site. Also tnt motorsports, Im not sure of their web address, but i know they have tracks and trails. Im looking for something close to the low country. Maybe even something in GA. near savannah. Any ideas

ride it like you stole it

Old 03-29-2003, 10:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default south carolina?

AF1

If you ate stationed at SAB then you are 10 minutes at the most from Manchester State Forest. They have a good netwok of trails( atvs, dirt bikes, horse , bicycle and hiking trails to). Helmets are required, and so is a 5$ a day permit,or a 25$ annual permit.

Pressure, Have you been to Francis Marion National Forest?

Old 03-30-2003, 12:19 AM
Pro Rider
Default south carolina?

Af,
Unless they have worked on trails recently Manchester sucks. They also have a motorcross style track there-also sucks. I felt ripped off for 5 bucks. I wrote the Score webpage and let them know the condition of trails and never got a response.I even tried to volunteer to help.
Sucks = tight trails (not normally bad ) but so many whoops quad is never level for more than a quad length I kid you not. The track would have been cool if it was rideable but it obviously had been neglated for some time.
Pressure if you are looking for something low country Wambaw motorcycle trail is down there. If you liked Manchester you'll like Wambaw. They have 2 20 mile loops.
TNT is OK but last time I went track is not good for quads but they could have changed it. Whitmire (Enoree motorcycle trail) is a good trail when it is good condition. If you dont mind riding Parson's Mountian is also a good trail. There is another short trail close to it that you can ride with same fee but can't remember name now.
South Carolina is really lacking in well maintained state trails. Seems like since they have started to collect money trails have gotten worse but parking lots nicer. I went to both Parson's Mtn and Whitmere opening day last year and both trails were in horrible condition.
They should take notes from NC and WV. They have super nice trails. If you have any more questions just ask I have ridden them all.

Old 03-30-2003, 10:47 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default south carolina?

hey I not familar with wambaw. Do you have a phone number or web page for them. Would be interested in checking it out. Any information would be great

ride it like you stole it

Old 03-30-2003, 11:13 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default south carolina?

Whitmire (Enoree motorcycle trail) should be opening this week. They close it down for a couple of months to repair ruts and other things. I agree that there aren't too many places to ride. I usually ride with friends on private land. We have about 1000 acres that we can ride on.

Old 03-30-2003, 11:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default south carolina?

Where's Parsons Mountain? I live in Rock Hill, is it close?

Old 03-31-2003, 12:18 AM
Pro Rider
Default south carolina?

Parson's Mountain is located just outside Abbeville. I saw I note for someplace called Berrywood Acres or something in Camden. I have to go back and get number.

Old 03-31-2003, 12:21 AM
Pro Rider
Default south carolina?

Here should be some good info www.sctrails.net

Old 05-11-2003, 03:35 AM
Range Rover
Default south carolina?

I went to Wambaw when it first opened this year...it was terrible. The trails were so dusty I couldnt see my tires half the time. There were those little sand fleas down there that (quite literally) tortured us the whole time. And the mud stank to no end. It was nothing but flat trails. I personally didnt like it and wont ever be going back. We found out later in the day that my friends grandmother passed away and we obviously opted to leave very quickly, as opposed to staying the night.
The best place I have ever been is Brown Mountain, NC. Excellent trails...very technical riding. Its hard to find any good registered trails in SC. The best places around here for my friends and I are my families land and some public trails made by many many people over the years on public land around the rivers, lakes, and highways. But thats just my opinion.

Quick Reply: south carolina?