Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Dugger In.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2000, 05:00 AM
JWC
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went riding at Dugger In. This weekend 4-23-00 and there was postings everywhere saying not to ride North of the Powerlines Are they going to close the whole place down? If anyone has any Info let everyone know. Thank You.

Old 04-25-2000, 07:41 AM
Weekend Warrior

I checked into it a few days ago. There is some final work being ironed out concerning transfer of the land to the state. The park will not be officially opened this year, more than likely, next year. The state has reseeded many areas and is beginning to crack down on "outlaw" riders to prevent damage to newly seeded areas. I got this information from the IATVA.(hope i got the initials right). Anyway, that was what I was told.

Old 04-25-2000, 07:41 AM
Weekend Warrior
Old 04-25-2000, 08:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey, me and my friends ride at dugger all the time. Can someone tell me what exactly is going on up there. I've heard so many different stories and we have no idea what to believe. If anyone has any info to share it would be great!

Sandman75- 96 Lakota 300

m1911a1gunner@hotmail.com

Old 04-25-2000, 09:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey guys, I finally tracked down my source for the previous info. www.*********.com/clubs/iatva
This will get you to iatva's web page. The info I found there before was old, so I emailed them and was told essentially what I stated earlier. I am under the impression that they are working with the state on this, but who knows. Any email and see what your hear back. I was told that there is still riding up there but it is not officially open and the state is cracking down some. Now if someone could give me some info on the type of riding available at lynnville I'd be happy. Thanks hope this helps

xplr

Old 04-26-2000, 07:12 AM

I live about 15 min from Lynnville. There are lots of Acers to ride and a nice place to park just off I-64 & SR-61. The trails are kinda tough for first timers, they are very rutted up and have some pretty big mud holes. The last I heard was that the mine property on the west side of SR-61 is still off limits dew to vandals, at one time we could ride back there. If they let you there are some killer hills and some very nice trails back on that side of the road. On the east side of the road which is owed by the state I'd highly recommend a that you have a 4x4 quad and a tow rope with you, YOU WILL NEED IT. Some of the proprty has been sold back there so look for signs and stay clear of private proprty. If you go.. Exit SR-61 south and just about 100 ft. there is a gravel lot to your left. Thats where most people park. Also the DNR is there a lot giving out tickets for un-safe riding, so keep it cool.

Have fun

Dave Dossett

Old 04-26-2000, 10:11 AM
Trailblazer

I was down there a week and a half ago with a beginer on a 450s and we left after about 3 hours I ride a 400EX and was stuck all the time on the parking lot side. We went a cross the highway he looked at the hills and we went back across the highway. WE have never had anybody bother us across the highway and that is were we spend most of our time. Everybody goes to the coal flats across the highway. there are some big hills across the highway. There is this one place that I can never find but my friend knows were it is. It looks like the whoops on a MX track only 50 feet tall you can acutally jump some of them. There seems to be a Lynnville hazing though. My first trip I fliped down a hill and the engine on the 400ex had major problems. My friend Chris was riding without a helmet on the whoops part fliped and bloodyed his head and my friend Gavin on his first trip seized his engin aou at the coal flatts. My uncle broke his back there to on a Polaris. As soon as you quit thinking "this place can kill me" you will have a wreck so be carfull.

Old 04-27-2000, 05:56 AM
JWC
Trailblazer

I had a freind give me a flier about Meeting starting a Club and Foucsed on Obtaining Approved Riding Areas at Dugger In. The meeting will be held at RIVER VALLEY ATV AND CYCLE IN LYONS IN. AT 6:00PM SAT. APRIL 29. QUESTIONS?? CALL 812-659-2334 I also talked to Brian Goley of IATVA he said he would try to be there.