Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Iowa, Nebraska

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2003, 12:26 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Iowa, Nebraska

Hi,
Looking for places to ride and ways to contact those places in Neb and Iowa. I read about the place in Council Bluffs, but have not found how to access it.
Thanks!!!!

Old 04-07-2003, 06:11 PM
Trailblazer
Default Iowa, Nebraska

the park in council bluffs is called river valley. other iowa parks include river view & mitchel pits in waterloo, 600 acres in ely, bluff creek in bussy, and rathbun in plano. check out the iowa ohv web site at www.iowaohv.com

I hear that a good place to ride in nebraska is on the loup river from columbus all the way to genoa. another good place is the head works park in just west of genoa. check out the nebrask ohv web site at www.nohva.com

Old 04-08-2003, 03:56 PM
Range Rover
Default Iowa, Nebraska

I'm one of the guys who rides the Loup river from Columbus to Genoa. I'm not sure how outsiders can get access to the river at Columbus. I happen to live in a housing addition that is right on the other side of the dike that the river runs down. I am allowed to cross the dike to get on. If you can find a spot to get on, it is a hell of a time. Myself and a bunch of friends are out every weekend it is nice. Once in a while we go out during the week after work but not too often. You might be better off driving up to Genoa first, parking up at the HeadWorks atv park and getting on the river there. You will need to get in touch with the NOHVA people and get your membership to keep everyone happy. It is only $25/yr for a family membership so it isn't too bad. We normally ride up the river to Genoa, ride around the trials at the HeadWorks for a couple of hours, then head back home. It normally takes all day depending on how much we mess around and how much bee... I mean soda we have. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] HeadWorks is closed right now. I just received an email from NOHVA that it will be open again mid-April. Email me if you have any questions.

Oh yeah, don't waste your time with the Council Bluffs area. I thought it was a wasted trip. Just my .02.