Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Hey all Louisiana riders.

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2003, 12:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hey all Louisiana riders.

I just want to see where all riders from Louisiana ride, and what type of riding, and what type of quads do you own, and what mods do you have?
I haven't been riding as much as I used to for several different reasons, but I like to mainly ride MX. I'm fortunate enough to have a track in the same town I live in (Hurricane Alley in New Iberia). I have also been to Gravity Alley in Breaux Bridge a few times, but that was a year or so ago. I haven't been to the Dunes of Forest Hills in a while either. You can see what toys I have in the sig.

Old 04-07-2003, 01:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whats up chad i work in Lafayette and live in Breaux bridge . i moslty ride up in la dunes and around the house i'm not to hip gettinghurt again at the track but am willingto give it a shot again . lets hook up and ride one day . you can reach me at mxrookie@yahoo.com or on here later .

Niels

Old 04-07-2003, 07:32 PM
CED
Pro Rider

Bigds i like that sand Yacht,I ride a sand Yacht as well just an auto version.Mostly La Dunes,next week headed to Lil Sahara for Easter weekend.My friend just bought a predator ,he's been ridin at Breaux Bridge the past couple weekends.He also went to Hurricane Alley a couple times.Since all the mod's it's pretty much sand dunes for me.Later.

Old 04-08-2003, 12:26 AM
Trailblazer

Hey alll I live in a small town of florien and been to the dunes once and I wish they made more jumps out there cause I like to get a lil bit of air not nothin but I ride at the local track toledo bend motocross and it sucks they really need to take care of the place but it is still fun. Other than that I might be goin to Kisatchie this sunday I don't know for sure yet. Anybody live closer than south louisiana or north let know

Old 04-08-2003, 02:02 AM
Range Rover

I have brought a 2003 Honda 350 4x4 Rancher Es. and I love my bike. I do alot of trail ridein,and mud ridein. I ride in camp caliborn,Garner, and some place around my home town. I have not been to La Dunes yet, and don't know if I will ever go. I hear it is not a good place for me, so I have not went yet.

Old 04-08-2003, 10:59 AM
Pro Rider

I just bought a bike (03 shee l.e.) after a 5 or 6 year break.....We ride at the dunes about every other weekend and we also do a bit of mx tracks, Toledo Bend mx this past Sunday.....If my wife is in a bad mood and throws a fit about going so far we go to the lease or to camp Livingston...I also have a Honda 300 FOURTRAX that sits in the Garage exept for Hunting season......Leaving next Thursday for Lil Sahara.......Can't wait![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-08-2003, 12:22 PM
Pro Rider

I live about 15 miles east of New Orleans,Louisana.I am prety much just a MX rider.

Here are some tracks I race within two or three hours away from me.

Fernwood,MS 985-807-3421
Hammond,LA 985-345-6185
Pervace,MS 601-544-7764 or 601-794-6092
Gonsalis,LA 225-268-5487 or 225-268-5489
breaux bridge,LA 337-364-7877 or 337-967-0444
New Iberia,LA 337-365-3959
Avondale,LA 504-888-7223
There are a few more I just need to get the #'s for them

Old 04-08-2003, 01:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool fella's, keep the reply's coming. I'd like to get most of us together for a ride sometime. I haven't been riding at the MX tracks in a few years now, but I used to ride regularly. I'm an old timer I guess and have been riding since the '80's. I had started out racing 3-wheelers and moved to quads when the ban came along.

mxmike, I haven't been to the track in New Iberia since the wintertime series race they had there and didn't ride then, but I did go by to see who was riding and talk to a few of my buddies that still ride/race. I used to go to Fernwood way back when I had my '86 Quadracer. I have been to the track in Hammond a few years back too, and I rode in Liberty, Ms. Breaux Bridge, and a track near Houston (I forget the name). There also used to be a few tracks in/around Baton Rouge. I remember Scooters MX and a place near Denham Springs too. I don't guess those are open any longer though.

I would like to schedule a ride with the members of this forum sometime being I am trying to get back into it again. Maybe a good trailride in Forest Hill or something where everyone could participate. I work offshore and am off for 14 days at a time, so maybe we could all schedule something soon. I go on days off on the 16th of this month. Let me know when ya'll could make a trip!

Old 04-08-2003, 01:37 PM
Pro Rider

I usually go to LA Dunes a few times a year, as well as Camp Claiborne and Livingston. We also ride on the Comite River near Baton Rouge during the Spring and Summer when the river isn't too high. I ride my modded R (soon to be an alky burner [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] ) at LA Dunes and use my Foreman 450s for trail and river riding.

Old 04-08-2003, 03:55 PM
Pro Rider

I raced the winter series it was AWSOME!I took 4th at New Iberia that day.The searies had huge turnouts at every track compared to the races now with no organisation.Now the tracks are back to running on top each other splitting all the riders up in diferent directions.I will be racing the SRMA areana cross series starting 4/26 in homa.If you have not tried one of them there a blast.

I have a link to a LA/MS motocross forum that has alot of info and helpfull people on it.If you want it
PM your email and I will send it to ya.Some reason I cant post it here.

Quick Reply: Hey all Louisiana riders.