Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Would you pay to ride in an ATV park?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2003, 02:36 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would you pay to ride in an ATV park?

I know that here in Minnesota, the ATVing laws are becoming ridiculous. I've been contemplating opening an ATV park on about 100 acres of crap land (as far as farming, etc).
Would you pay say $10/trip to ride in a park like this? I'm ready to tell the MN legislation to get skrewed.

Your thoughts?!

Old 04-09-2003, 07:17 AM
Pro Rider

As you know, I did last weekend, and I would again. Although, if every park was a pay-to-ride, it could set a bad trend in MN. Our legislators only need to look across the river to the east to see one of the best examples of how to manage a trail network tailored to ATV's. Dual use trails have twice the revenue for maintenance or establishment.

Look at the trails in WI. These areas generate revenue for the communities year-round by allowing ATV's on the snowmobile trails in the summer time. This is not the case here in MN. The anti's are attempting to shut everything down. But what do these communities have when everyone finds somewhere else to ride. The Mille Lacs area has been hit particularily hard with the scenario there. (Those in MN know what I'm talking about). When areas like this lack the snowfall in the winter time, there is very little revenue generated for local businesses. Fishing is bad, there are no snowmobilers, and ATV's aren't allowed on the trails.

It's time for the MN Legislators to wake up.

Old 04-09-2003, 10:19 AM
Pro Rider

It would depend on the type of terrain, trails, riding conditions and the amount of riders.

We had a local club try it here in western NY and it stunk. The trails were not loops, there wasn't many miles and the trails were boring. I paid to go once ($10) and never went back.

Kids, families and less experienced riders would probably enjoy it but experienced riders are typically looking for a challenge and extended ride times. Or at least something to keep them happy like say 2 mud pits side by side to challenge others.

To answer your question I would probably pay once but if it was what I consider to be lame I would'nt do it again.

Old 04-09-2003, 10:34 AM
Pro Rider

I agree with EasterEgg, it depends on what's offered. Can you be more specific? Where would this be located? What about the DNR's Grant In aid sytem? Can you use that to set up/subsidize the trails?

Old 04-10-2003, 06:07 PM
Pro Rider

here in florida, there is a place called Croom, which is about $30-40 for the entire year, and is 2600 acres. Big Cypress is $50 a year, for about 30,000 acres of rideable area.....

I dont know how scarce riding is there, but 10 a session for a tiny 100 acres sure seems a bit of a stretch to me....

Just my Florida $.02

Old 01-06-2010, 05:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

hello all... I am new here and just browsing the board.

If you did have to pay for the park, what would you want in the park for you to pay for it.

In PA and Jersey its nearly impossible to ride anywhere. I am looking for a park and want to know what would be good to look for if I do have to pay...

Thank you for your time.

Old 01-06-2010, 06:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

Here in NC, I'm not aware of anywhere to ride that ISN'T a pay to ride park.

Prices range from $5 to about $15 a day, and I think the smallest park is around 300 acres. The 300 acre place was a disapointment. For 100 acres to be worth paying $10/day for, it'd have to have nearly every inch of the place with "good" trails on it.

Old 01-06-2010, 09:19 PM
Pro Rider

I agree with the above. 100 acres just is not enough space. Not sure you would get the revenue to cover the insurance.

Old 01-07-2010, 05:41 AM
Range Rover

The smallest around here is about 800 acres,100 is pretty small.

Old 01-07-2010, 07:50 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

I go to a few areas that are pay to ride. But they are also around 2000 acres. 100 acres just wouldn't be big enough, especially if you get a crowd.

Quick Reply: Would you pay to ride in an ATV park?