Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

FL Riders

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2003, 08:18 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FL Riders

Have any of you gone to Croom in Brooksville? I mostly ride at our ranch, but a buddy of mine, who rides dirtbikes is always going there... any info is appreciated...

Old 04-09-2003, 08:57 PM
Range Rover
Default FL Riders

Croom is good, but not great, IMO

lots of woops, through tight woods.
kinda small ride area though, and lots of riders - not all
are looking out for others

There is good and bad there -
some love it,
you should go just to say you did ..
My buddies on two wheelers love it

I personally loved the Northern Side - there were big pits to climb
but we were always worried someone was gonna come blasting over the top without looking

A good ride, but not utility ATV friendly - the woops killed me on my Big Bear

There is a yearly permit fee.

C-ya

Old 04-10-2003, 03:20 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default FL Riders

CROOM IS THE GREATEST THING SINCE SLICED BREAD!! I RIDE A RAPTOR AND A DIRTBIKE AND I LOVE CROOM. YES THERE ARE PLENTY OF WHOOPS , BUT ON A DIRT BIKE THATS HALF THE FUN.
IF YOU ARE ON A UTILITY QUAD, IT MAY BE A BUMPY RIDE. GIVE IT A SHOT, YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE.
AS OF JULY 1ST YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE YOUR BIKE REGISTERED BEFORE THEY WILL GIVE YOU A DECAL.
RIDE SAFE

DAVE

Old 04-10-2003, 06:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default FL Riders

Come on dave, lets not exaggerate....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Yes croom is probably cool for dirtbikes, and possibly sport quads if you like whoops. The whole place is woops nearly, and very tight woods trails. There are a few clay pits etc that can be fun. I am relatively near Croom and ride a utility (prairie650) and will NEVER go back. The woops just beat you to death, and on top of that, Croom is SO CROWDED on weekends, it's downright dangerous. I can't tell you how many times I came around a blind turn or came down a trail to have some jackass on a dirtbike come flying around the corner and nearly miss me. If you do go to Croom, be sure you're really ready to get beaten up by woops and definitely go during the week, its just too crowded. Also the rules there are slightly ****, helmets are required and no double riding. Just another perspective..

Old 04-10-2003, 09:16 PM
Trailblazer
Default FL Riders

Thanx for the info guys.. It's not that big of a hual anyways from Tampa.. So I might give it a shot.. Dunno though about all these whoops.. I think I prefer open pasture [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-10-2003, 10:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default FL Riders

Hey brother prairie, if you want sometime we should hook up for a ride. I am in sarasota, and there are some fat daddy places without woops in port charlotte, and near punta gorda. Might as well check out croom to see for yourself since it's so close, and I think they will pro-rate your permit, as I believe they reset in June or July. I went there a few times before I discovered other/better places, and have had zero desire to go back. I dont want to make it out like croom totally sucks, I just think the other options are much more attractive for people riding big quads like we do. PM me if you want to hook up and ride with us sometime.

ThrottlejunkieDave, we still need to hook up and ride sometime, Gary says you're quite the hotrod on that raptor!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-11-2003, 04:12 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default FL Riders

LIGHTMAN, it seems like everytime i turn around someone wants to go riding with me in a different spot.
i love it, but the schedule is killing me. this weekend is a local spot for the raptor, next weekend is naples on dirtbike, soon after that i am trying to go back to croom before me decal runs out. in the middle of it all i am always up for a DORAL trip. gary says you handle the prairie pretty well and won't slow us down too much=-) ha ha. i would definately like to meet & ride with you soon. i will put a bug in gary's ear to plan the next DORAL trip.
ride safe
dave

Old 04-11-2003, 09:32 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default FL Riders

Hey,
New guy here, and looking for a place to go near Ft, Lauderdale.
Does any one know where I can go ?
Broward or West palm would be great .

Thanx...

Old 04-14-2003, 01:06 PM
Range Rover
Default FL Riders

hay new guy:

what kinda riding are you looking for?

1. bunny / beginner area
2. average ride (a couple hours and you are bored)
3. challenge but not nothin that'll kill ya
4. extreme riding with a chance of death and/or dismemberment
5. ultimate extreme ride with a 50/50 chance of being eaten by wild animals
6. a trip with my ex-inlaws to a religous retreat featuring Yanni

let me know.

G

Old 04-14-2003, 07:45 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default FL Riders

No-> 1. bunny / beginner area
No> 2. average ride (a couple hours and you are bored)
Maybe for the wife-> 3. challenge but not nothin that'll kill ya
With Mudd? -> 4. extreme riding with a chance of death and/or dismemberment
With Mudd?-> 5. ultimate extreme ride with a 50/50 chance of being eaten by wild animals
Lol, If only I could -> 6. a trip with my ex-inlaws to a religous retreat featuring Yanni
send them.

The more mudd the better. But no gators please.....

Quick Reply: FL Riders