Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

PLaces to ride in Long ISland New York ..?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2003, 12:22 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLaces to ride in Long ISland New York ..?

hi TomTom2 im in brooklyn ny 2002 raptor where is that legal place at in long island excatly? thanks [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-17-2003, 10:55 AM
Weekend Warrior

Liorv.org check the sight out, its 100% legal. I'm wondering about the new houses they are building in the neighborhood close to the track thou... DEC is in Manorville 24/7 now.
Just found out from my lawyer what is going to cost to get me out of this mess..........ugh; never again

Old 07-17-2003, 03:33 PM
Pro Rider

what up fellow long islanders ..

doesn,t it suck to live and try to ride on li

any way i ride over in central islip and over in kings park .. once and awail cops show up but i have had no problems yet ...

pm me if you would like to know where these spots are at ...

Old 07-17-2003, 04:35 PM
Trailblazer

I woudn't really reccomend going out to Kings Park anymore. I used to ride there ALOT, until they started developing an adjacent lot for townhouses. Alot of the people that bought in the townhouses are coming down and are complaing. The cops are raiding the place on a daily basis!! The weekends foget about it. Also there is no place to park, unless you take a chance parking in the pit and then you are definatly screwed when they come!!

Old 07-17-2003, 07:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

thanks tom tom 2 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-18-2003, 12:43 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey TomTom,

I know they changed the laws regarding getting caught riding. Would you elaborate on exactly what trouble you got into for riding. I would like to know what I am in for if I get caught.

Thanks,
Troy

Old 07-18-2003, 09:25 AM
Weekend Warrior

As it was explained to me.....
$500.00 fine for riding on protected land.....can be up too $1000.00
$300.00 impound recovery fee and all asossiated fees and taxes....if its unregisterd; its alot more
About $250.00 bucks for the lawyer......plus a day off rom work...
Dealing with a really pissed off wife....... (need I say more)
If you get chased...and caught....they can charge u with resisting.....(they followed me to my house and rang my doorbell)
They are much happier ir you just ride up to them...play dumb.....and they should let u off with a warning.....
They are nutty about it in Manorville, people call the cops all the time.....Dec and cops take pictiures too.....trailers plates...bikes and quads...story is they are cracking downlike crazy because of the money that has moved into the neighborhoods....my advise? Dont ride there, its soooo not worth it.
This was my second offence...the third time I if I get caught I can get charged with a felony....
Goodbye raptor.....its time for a boat.......

Old 07-18-2003, 12:13 PM
Trailblazer

2 years ago i got my bike impounded at exit 66 south of the LIE they raided that place and took 20 bikes. www.liorv.org is what all LI riders should join regardless. we need all need to show our support. there are many ileegal spots that we all know of that shouldn't be posted but we all must ride. so therefore becareful and respect the surroundsings and you won't have trouble

Old 07-18-2003, 12:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

Its stinks..what did it cost you two years ago?

Old 07-18-2003, 12:36 PM
Trailblazer

250 impound fee , court appearance for 3 tickets 9 unreg, uninsure, tresspassing) i got 2 dismissed cause i got reg $ insur all said and done costed me like 600 bucks. they will never get me on that bike again. i have no choice to cause if they do they are taking it away. i so ride that bike on mx tracks out of LI

Quick Reply: PLaces to ride in Long ISland New York ..?