Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Any other Maryland Riders out there ???

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2003, 10:30 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any other Maryland Riders out there ???

Im not saying that the ranger in PA was wrong, but if you go to the DCNR web site, and talk to the dealers in PA, and call the DCNR (I covered as many bases as posible to see if I got all the same answer) they will tell you that to ride on PA state forest lands, that being a MD resident you have to have your ATV registered in PA (not titled) and have liabilty insurance. Now on private owned property like Tower City, everyone is cool. I dont know, but just having a MD sticker would be really nice, and a lot less of a hassle.

TJ

Old 05-11-2003, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider

hmm, well all of the PA rangers ive talked to where really cool and calm, and they said all i needed was a MD sticker for the Buchanon Trails. 90% of our MD rangers are too ****, and bust us atv riders hard for doing anything.where is TowerCity at, is it open to bublic or is there a fee?

Old 05-12-2003, 01:56 PM
Trailblazer

Tower City is in Pa - just north of Harrisburg. Thereis an annual membership fee - I think it's ~ $200 a year. You can check it out @ www.towercitytrailriders.org.

If any of you guys are interested in getting some areas open in central MD, drop me an email @ trespas2003@yahoo.com. I need to get a list of people so I can go to the local commissioners and show them that there are a lot of us out there and that they can't ignore us any longer.

Old 05-13-2003, 12:29 AM
Trailblazer

The way I hear it, its like cars. Each state has their own rules, but if you are legally registered in your state, then another state will respect that registration. I spent about an hour trying to go thru all the PA DNR regulations only to come to a paragraph at the bottom that says "If your vehicle is legally registered in another state, then that is accepted here." I'm from NJ and registered at my local DMV and I check in with a forrest ranger just to be sure when I got to PA. He was very helpful sup[plying a free map of the ATV trails in that forrest.

Of coarse, many states are adding insurance regulations to that. But if you are from MD and looking to ride in PA, as long as you have registered in MD (and I would suggest carrying some proof of that with you) you should have no problem on designated trails in PA.

Thanks for the good word on yet another place to check out.

Old 05-13-2003, 02:20 AM
Pro Rider

well, i pick my new Quad up in about 10 hours.(Cant wait[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]). i plan on taking it to Buchanan soon. and ill send you an email "Tick" right after im done posting this message.

Old 05-15-2003, 05:16 PM
Range Rover

Would anyone be interested in meeting up at Tower City in mid-late June? Right now is just too buisy with Cruzin OC, bachelors party, wedding, etc. But I know I will be going up with 4-5 of my freinds then in June after all of this is over. You can ride there for the first time for $30, if you like it you can put that towards your 200 annual membership.

TJ

Old 05-16-2003, 12:10 AM
Pro Rider

What City/Town is it located in? if i can find out how far it is, i might consider it! and is there a Website i can check out?
thanks!

Old 05-16-2003, 10:18 AM
Trailblazer

I'd be up for a Tower City trip.

Old 05-16-2003, 04:01 PM
Trailblazer

PMANX8

Here's the site www.towercitytrailriders.org.

Old 05-16-2003, 10:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Tick I am a true Fredneck lol I live in the heart of the schitty. Lets ride soon. You say gambrills right? thats just further out 40 right? I am trying to go to Green ridge let's rock!
Md. folks email or pm me. tdii@adelphia.net
Tom

Quick Reply: Any other Maryland Riders out there ???