Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Any other Maryland Riders out there ???

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2003, 01:29 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any other Maryland Riders out there ???

If you guys plan on going to greenridge just tell me when and ill be there, i live 5 minutes from the trail[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img].

("Fredneck", LMFAO that is a good one[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img])

Old 05-17-2003, 01:35 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Tick
PMANX8

Here's the site www.towercitytrailriders.org.
Cool, thanks. But the "Mapquest" directions arent very accurate on there site, i used mapquest to locate the dealer where i got my new quad, and i got lost bad.(LOL) does anyone know how far Tower-City is from GreenRidge?
thanks.

Old 05-17-2003, 01:49 AM
Weekend Warrior

Pman: I'm there! You have a pm.
Tom

Old 05-20-2003, 10:23 AM
Trailblazer

Hey fellas,

Can you ride at Tower City the first time for $30 bucks by your self? I thought you needed to be with a current member to get the deal. I've been talking to the guys at the Maryland ATV club (http://atving.freeservers.com/) and was planning to go with them the next time they went up so I could check it out before I joined. But if you don't need to have a member with you we could check it out any time.

Gambrill is really cool for trail riding; the only problem is that it's illegal. And now that the weather has cleared up all of the damn mountian bikers have come out, it's like the damn Tour de France up here. Also, since the FBI has been up here looking for Anthrax in all of the ponds and we're so close to camp david its almost a certianity that you'll see a park ranger. You could try riding there but I wouldn't.

Shoot me an e-mail at trespas2003@yahoo.com and we'll get something going at Tower city or shoot out to western MD.

Where is Green Ridge?

Old 05-20-2003, 04:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

Tick:
Tour de France...LOL

Green Ridge is located in alegheny county, about an hour from Fredneck City to the west, so about 45mins from you.
Try this link

Green Ridge
Tom

Old 05-21-2003, 01:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

ALL: I live NE of baltimore and have been a member at Tower City for 3 years. Feel free to ask any questions you have about the place. I usually go there every other weekend.

Old 05-21-2003, 03:32 PM
Trailblazer

Do you need to have a membership to go for the 1st time?
How long does it take you to get there?
How's the trail riding? - Any good technical stuff (i.e. logs, rocks, etc)?
I hear there are camping areas available. Are they any good? Do they have water/sewer hook-ups? Are they right on the trail? Do they allow fires? Beer?
Do they close for any period of thime during the year?

Thanks for the info man, I appreciate it.

Old 05-21-2003, 04:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

First time rider must pay a $30 day fee and must be sponsered by a member, If you decide to join that day you can apply the $30 to the $200 yearly membership fee.

It takes me 2 1/2 hrs from door to door. I go up I83 to I81 at harrisburgh, then to exit 107.

Use the map feature on msn.com, there are directions on the web site www.towercitytrailriders.org

There is a variety of trails from rocky to smooth, tight and techinical, also hill climbs.

There is primitive camping in the days parking areas or for a yearly $75 fee you can create your own perminate campsite, no hookups. bring your own gas, h2o, food. There are some towns nearby. If you get a perminate site you can bring in a trailer or some people bring in amish type sheds, (it cost extra for what is considered a perminate structure) tent camping is included in the $75 campspot fee. Some people have created a home away from home with structures and generators.

You can have campfires and beer. Sometimes there are local fire bans in the summer if the weather gets really dry.

The are open all year, there is a quiet time from 10pm to 7am, no riding or generators. There are some retstriction around fall deer season and spring turkey.

I think I answered most of your questions.

Old 05-21-2003, 07:00 PM
Range Rover

Well, beings you have to be sponsered by a member, and you are now the only one that I know at least that is a member there, would you be willing to meet me to sponsor? I dont know how much of you that is too ask, I dont know if your membership is on the line if you sponsor someone that acts irisponsibly (sp?). All I know is that since I bought my raptor 3 weeks ago, I am completely hooked on it, and so is the wife now too, she wants a honda 250ex. Anyway, let me know if you would be willing to do this, it would be greatly appriciated... there arent too many nice places to ride in MD that are legal. You can mail me at Dakota52318@toad.net hope to hear from ya soon, thanks!!!

TJ

Old 05-21-2003, 09:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

Dakota 318
Check your email

Quick Reply: Any other Maryland Riders out there ???