Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Mahwah, NJ

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2003, 09:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mahwah, NJ

i heard from someone on this forum that the cops are busting chops on stag hill from mahwah to oakland. Has anyone else heard of this. i was hoping to go this Sunday but i dont need any s***. if anyone is interested in going let me know. will probably meet up around 9:00a or 10:00a.

Old 05-02-2003, 04:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default Mahwah, NJ

well i rode mahwah yesterday and no signs of any five-o. i talked to some people and no-one has had any problems. i am going there on sunday the 4th. meeting some friends at 9:00 am sharp. if anyone is interested the trails there rock!!!

Old 05-04-2003, 07:51 PM
Trailblazer
Default Mahwah, NJ

hey JW, i think i saw you there today...i was the one on the black and red banshee drag racing those dirtbikes right along rt 17....you had the red ranger right...i have a tan ranger...i wasn't sure if it was you so i didn't ask...where you riding with someone that had a sportsman...

Old 05-05-2003, 06:49 AM
Pro Rider
Default Mahwah, NJ

yeah, that was me dude. next time just come right up to me. we ended up going into the mountain for like 4 hours. awesome ride. i will let you know next time we go. later [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 05-10-2003, 10:31 PM
Trailblazer
Default Mahwah, NJ

dude, jwkawi and anyone else that rides in mahwah....DO NOT RIDE THERE ANYMORE...the cops raided the big parking lot today and kicked everyone out...i don't know the details but there was noone riding and there were a few cops cars in the lot there....DO NOT RIDE THERE....pass the word along....the cops are hammering down there....its not worth the agravation....if i find out anymore news, i'll post it here

Old 05-11-2003, 11:27 AM
Pro Rider
Default Mahwah, NJ

WTF, maybe they were just checking registrations. did you talk to them? i cant believe we cant ride there at all. i am going to have to make some phone calls and find out whats up. i spoke to a jersey cop a while back and he told me that riding there was ok as long as you dont ride on sharp or in the river. do you know if they were jersey cops or ny cops that were there yesterday?

Old 05-11-2003, 11:35 AM
Trailblazer
Default Mahwah, NJ

i only drove past the place going to my friends house to ride...i saw a few people leaving from the lot with a cop in an expidition sitting in the middle...also i saw someone packing up their bikes below the over passes...i've got a friend that lives right next to that place and we usually ride right through his yard to get there...i'll ask him if he knows anything about it...

Old 05-11-2003, 11:38 AM
Pro Rider
Default Mahwah, NJ

yeah, that would really suck if they took that area away too. let me know what you find out. i am going to ask around on my end too. thanks for the info, and with all due respect, i hope you are wrong. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 05-12-2003, 02:20 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Mahwah, NJ

I ride at Mawah almost every weekend. I spoke to the cops there on saturday and they said that someone got seriously hurt last weekend and they are not allowing it anymore. They said this once before when someone got hurt but a couple weeks later after it died down a little, everyone came back. I hope its the same thing

Old 05-12-2003, 05:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default Mahwah, NJ

yeah, me too. i am going to give it a couple of weeks and try riding there again. i hope they dont harp on this because that is really the best place to ride locally.