Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

directions to the northfield pit.

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2003, 11:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default directions to the northfield pit.

I was hoping to go riding at the northfield pit but i cant seem to locate county rd 29 or 20 near northfield. The only ones i can find are in cannon falls. so i would like someone to give me better directions please.

Thanks

Old 05-03-2003, 06:13 AM
Pro Rider

from Shorewood, go to I-35 south. Take this down to the Northfield exit #69 onto Cty Road 19.
Go east into Northfield until you get to Cty Road 3. Turn right (South).
Follow this down to County Road 29 (not long after you pass the entrance to the recycling center) and turn left (east). You will immediately cross the Cannon River.
Follow County road 29 until you get to County Road 20 just on the north edge of Cannon City.
At this stop sign, you will jog diagonally to your left and continue on 29 (now gravel).
The pit should be in sight on your right side.

Hope this helps. These directions are to Bauer's Pit that everyone has been talking about on here. It is a pay/sign to ride pit. The other pit called Tri-County, is just off Cty Road 3 towards the recycling center.

Old 05-03-2003, 12:35 PM
Range Rover

We were at bauer's last weekend. Fun place. But, it does get old pretty quick, unless you never ride. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] (used to ditches and rivers in the winter). We found it ok.. missed 20 (it's right off 60 in Faibault, up a block and hard to see, but by the 229 sign to the left). Then it's right there just past cannon falls... if you can find 20, 29 is easy to find.

If you can get to Cannon Falls, you can get to the pit. It's about a mile north of CF, if I remember correctly. But we come from the south, so we go through Fairbault.

Old 05-03-2003, 04:32 PM
Trailblazer

some friends of mine and I, were there yesterday. That cty. rd. 20 on the Mn Hwy 3, at the Menards cross, if your coming from that side. I think Dudas is the town right there. We had fun, go there if you can, the owner (Roy) is very good for the sport, but he's like 90! So I'm thinking it won't last forever. We asked Roy, what the rules were? He said, "there ain't no rules". Ya' got'a like that! One of my friends, dropped off the area where they still take gravel out of, it was about a 5 foot drop, and then gradual to the bottom. He didn't calculate correct, and endo'ed it a few time down, to the pit floor. He had been watching a dirt bike jump down it and wasn't prepaired for the drop, so be careful out there. We don't want to ruin a good thing. Gene

Old 05-03-2003, 07:52 PM
Pro Rider

bvstone,

don't confuse Cannon Falls with Cannon City. Cannon Falls is a little North and East of Northfield. Cannon City (where bauer's Pit is located) is south of Northfield. There's about 28 miles between the two.