Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

riding in Va

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2003, 08:02 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Riders

I am looking for new places to ride and people to ride with.

Old 05-07-2003, 07:40 PM
Range Rover
Default riding in Va

Va is a big state, where are you. In the Northern part there is GW Natl Forest with a few riding areas. If your in the Tidewater area you're out of luck. If you're in SW go to Hatfield-McCoy Trail in WV.

There's not much riding in Va.

Wayne B

Old 05-07-2003, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider
Default riding in Va

I'm in Stafford VA, just below Quantico Marine Corp Base in Northern VA. I know a lot of places to ride. PM me if you are close to Northern VA.

Old 05-08-2003, 07:37 AM
Trailblazer
Default riding in Va

Near the Blacksburg area the best riding is at the FREE Pinnnacle Creek area. It has a lot of every type of ridding ya could want. Plus good stores and places to camp. If ya need more info let me know! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-08-2003, 09:21 AM
Range Rover
Default riding in Va

I live in the colonial heights area, but I am willing to drive a little ways to find new places to ride.

Old 05-08-2003, 11:03 AM
Range Rover
Default riding in Va

I would like to know more in about Pinnacle creek, it looks to me that is in West Va though. if you know the website address please send it to me.

Old 05-10-2003, 11:13 AM
Range Rover
Default riding in Va

Hey ubetrun, I tried to send you a PM but wouldn't let me dunno what I am doing wrong. please tell me more about the places you ride, like does it cost to ride there, is it legal, do you own the land etc...

Old 05-10-2003, 11:38 AM
Pro Rider
Default riding in Va

You are about 2 hours below me on I95, not sure you want to drive this far north.

I ride a couple of private MX tracks and a semi-public MX practice track in Tappahanock, VA that the owner charges $15 per day. I've ridden at Tomahawk MX track in WV (tomahawkmx.com), Buds Creek, and Mountaineer MX Park in WV. For me, the MX tracks in WV are less than 100 miles.

What kind of quad do you have and what kind of riding do you like? The MX practice track in Tappahanock is about half way between us on the east side of Richmond if you are interested.

Old 05-10-2003, 12:37 PM
Range Rover
Default riding in Va

well I only ride for fun, I wish I could race but I dont', I have a yamaha kodiak, I think I know the place u are talking about in Tapp, is it called VA Sports Park? if so I was gonna ride out there today to check it out, they are having any open practice from 10am to 7pm. do u know of any trailing ride places? I would drive out there. if there is some trail riding. and if there are races to watch. I love to watch Mx racing.. let me know. do u have any chat programs? I have yahoo, msn, aim, if you do maybe we could chat sometime. I can't seem to seen u a private message.

Old 05-13-2003, 12:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default riding in Va

hey yall...im in the navy and heading to norfolk for a couple of weeks in september and lookin for some ridin on the weekends....mainly trail ride...gonna go up to the hatfields one weekend with some friends...i have been there before and it rocks but lookin for some ridin the other....anywhere close to there or someone willin to share some info where should go and maybe go with....not an axe murderer heheheh

Quick Reply: riding in Va