Yamaha Side by Sides Talk about the durable Yamaha Sport and Utility

someone had to

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 11:46 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Do you have a balloon?
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default someone had to

I think Rhino's are to wide for the trails I ride. One would be cool for cruising the dunes, but that it.

Old 05-18-2007, 12:43 PM
Trailblazer
Default someone had to

Rhino's are gay plain and simple! If you dont live on a farm dont buy one! Use them for what they are suppose to be used for and that is work!

Old 05-18-2007, 05:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default someone had to

"Gay"? Rhinos are good for a lot of fun,especially hunting.Make a kill,back up to the deer,drop tilt the bed,and load the sucker up! 1-2-3.easy as pie.....I go anywhere my KQ went. And a lot easier on my back.....When it rains, I don't get wet...When its cold the wind shield protects me. Hunting is much better on the "Rhino"!! ....also,its nicer when some one is riding with you...passenger.Great woods machine....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-20-2007, 12:25 AM
Pro Rider
Default someone had to

Bonedaddycjh, your dumb. Rhinos are awsome in my opinion. I prefere atvs better but they are great for many reasons. Great for couples and so on. If the trails are wide enough, its a great machine to get out and go explore.

Old 05-21-2007, 12:24 AM
Pro Rider
Default someone had to

I just don't think Bonedaddycjh realizes what is available for Rhino's these days. Go over to rhino forums dot net and take a look around. Or perhaps he is just showing some inexperience with various forms of motorsports.

My Rhino would definitely be too wide for his trails though, because it has a-arms that make it 13" wider than stock, and when used with its Elka Elite shocks it has 15" of suspension travel (instead of the stock 7" of suspension travel). I use it for desert racing, and will start WORCS racing at the next round in this years series. Rhino's are not all that fast, but I can hit anything I want at wide open throttle. Its like I have a mini trophy truck, for pennies on the dollar of what it would cost for a real trophy truck. Sorry, I can't afford the million dollar toys.

Old 05-23-2007, 10:06 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
Default someone had to

Try watching the WPSA and the side-by-side (rhino) racing. Very fun.
For the TV schedule:: PowerSportsTour.com.

Old 05-23-2007, 07:25 PM
rc3
Pro Rider
Default someone had to

I use to think ATV's were way better. But Rhino's are a lot of fun.

Old 05-26-2007, 01:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default someone had to

I used a lot of mules when working for the government. They were underpowered pieces of crap!!! When I met my boss at his farm so that he could show me where I could go deer hunting he brought his Rhino. I thought "this is going to be a waste of time trying to go through the woods and hills and streams on this thing". Man was I wrong. They have what the mule has always needed. POWER and torque. When we got to where there were a lot of small 2" trees growing we just went over the top of them. logged u[p the hills fine and even forded a shallow stream. He told me he had only used his winch once.
They aren't quads but they aren't supposed to be. They do what they were built to do and they do it much better than the mule. I'm thinking of getting one for my wife and I to cruze through the woods and fields on when we don't want to ride the quad.

Old 05-29-2007, 09:43 AM
Pro Rider
Default someone had to

I used my Rhino this weekend to clean up yard,I was never able to do this with my KQ,unless I hooked up a trailer.

Old 07-10-2007, 02:54 PM
Trailblazer
Default someone had to

i ride mine on the trails all the time with sport quads and utility quads. unless you are trying to loose the rhino, it has no problem keeping up, as a matter of fact it easily blows the doors off the smaller solid axle 4x4 and smaller trail quads. granted i do have about 900 bucks in performance parts.

maybe your too old to be riding in the trails, and thats fine, but dont run your mouth about a subject you have no clue about.