Yamaha Side by Sides Talk about the durable Yamaha Sport and Utility

Rhino exhaust! Can you help?

Old 11-11-2007, 08:30 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rhino exhaust! Can you help?

I have a 2006 rhino and I just did alot of work to it. (686 big bore kit, hot cam, port and polished the head and intake, k&n filter,dyno jet kit) It runs great but needs exhaust. I dont want a loud exhaust because I hunt off of it. Know of an exhaust that has great performance at low noise levels? Low cost?

Is there anything else I can do to make it run even better without spending alot more money than I already have?

Old 11-11-2007, 11:43 PM
Pro Rider

I know of no aftermarket Rhino exhaust that satisfy those three criteria. The Alba flowmaster exhaust is not too much louder than stock, but it cost $650!, which is absolutely rediculous for a car muffler and a header pipe. Gibson is coming out with a Rhino exhaust that isn't too loud, and is supposed to make a few extra horsepower, and cost $399. Everything else is too loud to try to go hunting with. I have the Yoshimura exhaust on my Rhino, and I can't tell a difference in power, and it is way too loud. I get a horse voice when I go for a Rhino ride with my wife, because if I want to talk to her I have to yell at the top of my lungs in order for her to hear me. Thats pretty sad if you ask me.

Old 11-11-2007, 11:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

Where do I go to find this gibson exhaust? Thanks

Old 11-12-2007, 02:43 AM
Pro Rider

If you haven't switched out the CDI box yet, I would suggest you take a look at the HunterWorks Tri-fire unit. The speed limiter is removed and the rev limit is upped. It isn't as aggressive as the Dyna FS, but it does have a 2 degree advance.

Old 11-13-2007, 10:30 PM
Pro Rider

Try Here

Old 11-13-2007, 11:48 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Z.A.J.

are they still selling the tri fire? i know he had to recall alot of them (the timing curve was to far advanced and was causing some engine problems.

i think you would be better off with Black Rhino Performances or Dyna-techs

Yamaha Rhino Stage IV CDI - Programmable

Introducing the first programmable CDI for the Yamaha Rhino. This CDI works with the Rhino 660 and the 450. Now you get to decide how you want to ride, and how you want your Rhino to perform.

This CDI features 4 distinct 'maps' that you can modify to your liking, and then switch between them. Even on the fly! That's right. There are 4 individual maps that specify the timing curve, RPM limiter, and optionally a forward/reverse speed limiter. An external switch allows you to select which map to use.</end quote></div>

Good to see a representative from the aftermarket on the forum. More companies should get reps online

Yes, the Tri-fire is available again. The CDI manufacturer programed a batch with the wrong file and as soon as Hunterworks found out they recalled them and sent out the properly programed units as soon as the new batch was ready. Of the 150 or so people affected, only a couple wanted their money back. Most waited for the new units to arrive, which speaks loudly to their confidence in the Hunterworks products and customer service. Todd called me personally and apologized for the delay (which I thought was a nice touch). So far it seems like a great product. I have a 10yr old who likes to putt around our property with me and the "valet switch" is great to make sure he doesn't accelerate to quickly or drive fast.

My first CDI was a Black Rhino unit made by Procom. Kinda left a sour taste in my mouth. Good to see you guys have moved away from them! Had I known, I would have brought up the Black Rhino unit as well.
You're not still selling the original re-badged Procom units are you? Who makes your new Stage IVs for you?