Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Im in June issue of Dirtwheels

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2003, 12:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im in June issue of Dirtwheels

I just got this months issue. Was very exceited to see the 450 Yamaha on the front cover. Pitty its only a project bike......YAMAHA if you are listening....Its what we want!.....please!
If you dont, Im going to buy a Z400 or possibly a new Honda if they beat you to it.

I was reading through the articles, and nearly fell of my seat when I looked at a picture, and realized it was me. They did an article on the sand dunes of Namibia. Im one of the locals.

Sorry to share that useless bit of information with you, But I am very proud to be in an international mag.

Old 05-15-2003, 12:27 PM
Pro Rider

Cool, I was just reading that article. I guess you are the one on the blue raptor?

Those dunes look killer, looks like some fun riding.

Later

Old 05-15-2003, 12:30 PM
Pro Rider

No, Im the one in the black/white kit, that is my blue raptor though.

Old 05-16-2003, 05:36 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Batoutahell- Those dunes look killer

Yup, apparently the biggest in the world, Huvous 5 went there also[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-16-2003, 01:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Why do you guys run those type tires??? and not paddles?

Bigger.

Old 05-16-2003, 02:21 PM
Pro Rider

I took paddles with me.
But after a night on the **** with those crazy americans. Its was simply too much effort to put them on.
Have you tried ridding with no sleep for 4 days and permanent hangovers. We managed one bar brawl and we were asked never to come back to the hotel we stayed in. We broke a window, broke a bed, and abused a 4x4 truck. all in all.....good fun.

Old 05-16-2003, 02:47 PM
Pro Rider

Congrats for being in the mag..."on the ****" LOL that's funny

Old 05-16-2003, 07:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had to stop and get a copy on the way home after I seen this post. Is that you in the airial shot throwing the nice roost?

Old 05-19-2003, 05:43 AM
Pro Rider

Cant really tell, but I think that was the Namibian local rider. You should see that guy ride dunes. You have never seen anything like it. He owns a banshee, DS and a raptor. Imagine having those dunes in your back yard. Even the 2 american GNC pros couldnt keep up with this guy on the dunes. Fear is the biggest factor.
I was told that the sand is much softer than Glamis. The dunes are constantly moving......sounds funny doesnt it! There are no whoops, everthing is smooth. The funniest thing was every time someone bogged down and got stuck, the rest of us were right there roosting the crap out of them. The poor sods litterally got buried.

Old 05-19-2003, 06:07 AM
Pro Rider

glad ya made it to the mag, buddy!! glad you survived too! while i'm not a DW subscriber, i'll go buy one of these.
And dont judge all of us by those crazy assed mag people and GNC riders, and no, i dont know who they are, but i know the type! hehe

I was with some of the 'vintage ' ones today, and while i missed the party last night, i was there early enuf to see what looked like a chemical attack.....sluggish bodies, slurred speech, bloodshot eyes, a pulse you could hear 4 feet away... hey, is that being "on the ****"? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

hope you had a memorable time. Americans know how to have fun, sometimes too much so.

Quick Reply: Im in June issue of Dirtwheels